Comics, links and leftovers!
This section contains a number of comics that were part of the original archive but were later removed or replaced. Consider them half-canonical.
- Unfulfilled dayyyy: 9 pages, first published 5/3/06. BCB’s first chapter. It was a bit aimless, so Simple Pleasures replaced it.
- The First Meeting: 4 pages, first published 5/23/06. Mike and Lucy’s first encounter.
- First Interaction: 4 pages, first published 5/27/06. A continuation of “The First Meeting”.
- Development of Friendship: 8 pages, first published 5/29/06. Sandy’s first appearance.
- The Burden of Parenthood (Original version): 4 pages, first published 5/19/06. Replaced with an updated version after the release of Volume One.
- Up to Bat: 4 pages, first published 6/6/06. You guessed it: baseball. We reused the title here.
- Chirpy’s Introduction: 4 pages, first published 6/9/06) A chapter for Chirpy!
- Confrontation (Original version): 12 pages, first published 7/18/06. Replaced with a rewrite in late 2009. Time didn’t treat the original very well.
- Unfinished Abbey Chapter: 3 pages, never published. Originally planned to follow “Moving On”, this story was later covered in At Loose Ends.
- Mischief Night (Deleted pages): 3 pages, first published 10/18/10. These pages were removed from Mischief Night after the release of Volume Two.
- Magical Girl Lucy-chan: 10 pages, first published 12/24/13. A years-old summary of an embarrassing pre-BCB story Vero used the characters for when she was 12.
- Another Plan: 9 pages, first published 1/7/14. A speculative bonus chapter that was published during the comic’s “holiday break”.
But wait, there's more! 200+ pages of quality bonus comics are available only to members. Join Bittersweet Club International and check them out!
Comics We Love
- It Hurts!!: Fun, energetic banter between a bunch of rambunctious kids.
- Prequel: Inventive, touching and smartly-written like nothing else. Also, it’s about a sad volatile cat girl!
- Band Vs Band: A silly crazy way-over-the-top tribute to saccharine garbage and petty vandalism. Oozes visual panache!
- Look Straight Ahead: A dark, deeply involving story about a boy with some terrible problems.
- I Do Not Have An Eating Disorder: A gut-wrenchingly honest autobiographical comic. The art plays with your head and offers insight into the mind of a person suffering through an eating disorder.
- Cheap Thrills: A truly dramatic slice-of-life comic. (Sadly cut short!)
- Lighter Than Heir: A great fantasy story with a “dynamic” protagonist that’s only just getting started.
- Girly: Your author has always been a big Girly fangirl. It’s finished now, but Josh is making a new comic called “You Suck”!
- Hark, A Vagrant: Don’t miss Kate’s Twitpic account where she posts hilarious diary comics.
- Brawl in the Family: A Nintendo fancomic which sets itself apart with funny observations. Now completed. If you know the material, you’ll love it.
- Rare Candy Treatment: As above. Clever video game humour, but this time it’s centred on Pokemon! Also completed.
- Sticky Comics: A well-written gag strip that covers everything from terrible puns to melancholic observations.
- DAR!: Erika Moen’s naughty, often grotesque diary comic. Frequently not safe for work. Same goes for her newer project, Oh Joy Sex Toy!
- Shrubmonkeys: Yet another amusing diary comic with a pleasant art style.
- American Elf: James Kochalka is a strange and interesting guy with a diary to match. A huge archive that’s fun from start to finish.
Things We’ve Done
- Interview on The Webcomic Beacon: In November 2011, we were interviewed about Bittersweet Candy Bowl and (the then-new) Volume One!
- Questionable Content Guest Comic: Posted November 2012.
- Bad Reputation Guest Comic: Posted January 2013.
- You Suck Guest Comic: Posted March 2013.
- Lighter Than Heir Guest Comic: Posted April 2013.
- Peaches Guest Comic: Posted May 2013.
- Interview on Sega Nerdcast: In June 2013, we were interviewed about our work on Not Enough Rings!
- #bcb Chat BCB has an active IRC channel over on irc.rizon.net. Click the link and join in, why don’t you?
- Baby Quiz Test your BCB knowledge by guessing the lineage of a bunch of cute babies! It’s worth it, honest.
- @HotSomali92 Paulo has an occasionally-updated Twitter account with more followers than he deserves.
- Caramelo Agridulce: An excellent Spanish translation of BCB. The previous attempt at translation was dormant for a while but now it is back! Pick your poison.
- Кисло-сладкая конфета: Yes, it’s Bittersweet Candy Bowl’s Russian translation, over two hundred pages in. Isn’t that just amazing?
- Veronica’s deviantART page: All sorts of old stuff to be found here.
- Soaringrabbit.com: Oliver’s personal webpage. Rarely updated these days, but full of stuff to read!
- TV Tropes’ page for BCB: A comprehensive catalogue of tropes and trivia from the comic. We’re very flattered by it!
- Which cat comic character are you? An ancient character quiz Veronica made which predates the “Bittersweet Candy Bowl” name.
Banners & Buttons
We love new readers! Here are some banners and buttons to use, but feel free to make your own.
Page last updated December 15th, 2014.