Help Daisy get to the mall by buying a copy of our newest book! Over 60 pages of new material, including a book-exclusive bonus chapter!
Comics, links and leftovers!
This section contains a number of comics that were part of the original archive but were later removed or replaced. Consider them half-canonical.
- Unfulfilled dayyyy: 9 pages, first published 5/3/06. BCB’s first chapter. It was a bit aimless, so Simple Pleasures replaced it.
- The First Meeting: 4 pages, first published 5/23/06. Mike and Lucy’s first encounter.
- First Interaction: 4 pages, first published 5/27/06. A continuation of “The First Meeting”.
- Development of Friendship: 8 pages, first published 5/29/06. Sandy’s first appearance.
- The Burden of Parenthood (Original version): 4 pages, first published 5/19/06. Replaced with an updated version after the release of Volume One.
- Up to Bat: 4 pages, first published 6/6/06. You guessed it: baseball. We reused the title here.
- Chirpy’s Introduction: 4 pages, first published 6/9/06) A chapter for Chirpy!
- Confrontation (Original version): 12 pages, first published 7/18/06. Replaced with a rewrite in late 2009. Time didn’t treat the original very well.
- Unfinished Abbey Chapter: 3 pages, never published. Originally planned to follow “Moving On”, this story was later covered in At Loose Ends.
- Mischief Night (Deleted pages): 3 pages, first published 10/18/10. These pages were removed from Mischief Night after the release of Volume Two.
But wait, there's more! 200+ pages of quality bonus comics are available only to members. Join Bittersweet Club International and check them out!
Comics We Love
- Prequel: Inventive, touching and smartly-written like nothing else. Also, it’s about a sad volatile cat girl!
- Band Vs Band: A silly crazy way-over-the-top tribute to saccharine garbage and petty vandalism. Oozes visual panache!
- Look Straight Ahead: A dark, deeply involving story about a boy with some terrible problems.
- Gunnerkrigg Court: You’re already reading it, right?
- Cheap Thrills: A heart-wrenching slice-of-life comic.
- Lackadaisy: Memorable characters, a distinctive setting and amazing technical skill.
- Lighter than Heir: A great fantasy story with a “dynamic” protagonist that’s only just getting started.
- Girly: Your author has always been a big Girly fangirl. Check out the complete archive, it’s finished now!
- Hark, A Vagrant: Don’t miss Kate’s Twitpic account where she posts hilarious diary comics.
- Brawl in the Family: A Nintendo fancomic which sets itself apart with genuinely funny observations. If you know the material, you’ll love it.
- Rare Candy Treatment: As above. Clever video game humour, but this time it’s centred on Pokemon! 2-B-A-MASTAH.
- Sticky Comics: A well-written gag strip that covers everything from terrible puns to melancholic observations.
- DAR!: A naughty, often grotesque diary comic. Frequently not safe for work, but very entertaining.
- Shrubmonkeys: Yet another amusing diary comic with a pleasant art style.
- Baby Quiz Test your BCB knowledge by guessing the lineage of a bunch of cute babies! It’s worth it, honest.
- Caramelo Agridulce: An excellent Spanish translation of BCB. The previous attempt at translation was dormant for a while but now it is back! Pick your poison.
- Кисло-сладкая конфета: Yes, it’s Bittersweet Candy Bowl’s Russian translation, over two hundred pages in. Isn’t that just amazing?
- Veronica’s deviantART page: All sorts of old stuff to be found here.
- Soaringrabbit.com: Oliver’s personal webpage. Rarely updated these days, but full of stuff to read!
- F*** LOLCATS: If you’re a fan of LOLCATS please check this PSA first.
- TV Tropes’ page for BCB: A comprehensive catalogue of tropes and trivia from the comic. We’re very flattered by it!
- The Webcomic Beacon’s 208th episode: This episode of the podcast featured an interview with the two of us.
- Which cat comic character are you? An ancient character quiz Veronica made which predates the “Bittersweet Candy Bowl” name.
Banners & Buttons
We love new readers! Here are some banners and buttons to use, but feel free to make your own.
Page last updated April 2nd, 2013.