- 30 November 2010 - 12:20 AM
The way I see it, there are several problems which need to be overcome in regard to a potential BCBcon. First is, I don't think this comic attracts nearly enough readers who would be willing to go to a BCBcon. Second is, many readers are under the age of 18, and parental consent would be needed. Third is, many readers are young people and may not necessarily have the money to attend, particularly if they have to travel.
I'm probably forgetting some other things too, since I've never been part of a con myself. Organization is a big thing though, and can be a veritable pain in the neck, from what I've heard from people who have planned cons. Hotel rooms need to be booked, fun events/outings need to be planned, people need to commit and pay in advance, etc.
A BCBcon can certainly be tried out, but I'm not entirely certain it's worth it to the creators to travel from Australia just to meet a handful of people. Though maybe it's also a chance for them to meet up with family and friends residing in the USA, in which case a con located conveniently close by might work. NYC is close to New Jersey, for example.
Also, everyone forgot Roseville, MN. Although Roseville, MI probably fits better in terms of story location.
- 30 November 2010 - 12:22 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:31 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:33 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:34 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:38 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:44 AM
This post has been edited by TheLightorTheDark: 30 November 2010 - 12:52 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:46 AM
This post has been edited by Carmen: 30 November 2010 - 12:47 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:47 AM
I dunno...if I go...protect me from them if you see any
- 30 November 2010 - 12:51 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 12:55 AM
True, people do like to put their own twist on things.
I once told my gandpa that I thought "everything you ever say will be misinterpreted"
and he concluded that their was no point talking to anyone then.
- 30 November 2010 - 12:59 AM
This is why we don't go to Chicago, Susan will kill us
- 30 November 2010 - 01:14 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 01:25 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 01:36 AM
I stayed in NYC with only $1200
- 30 November 2010 - 01:50 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 02:21 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 04:36 AM
- 30 November 2010 - 06:57 PM
- 01 December 2010 - 07:59 AM
It's only $100 for me to fly from San Francisco to Los Angelos. I don't see the big deal here :|
But I guess it's been settled at Tennesse anyways ah well, if most of you guys want to do it there than you should. I'd be a whiny little bitch if I tried to complain about it. Have fun (considering this'll actually happen)
- 01 December 2010 - 08:02 AM
This post has been edited by Scotch: 01 December 2010 - 08:13 AM
- 01 December 2010 - 08:12 AM
- 01 December 2010 - 08:53 AM
That would be kind of creepy walking around doing stuff with friends while being watched by many people you don't know.
This post has been edited by ClosetLucy: 01 December 2010 - 03:52 PM
- 01 December 2010 - 03:52 PM
If you do deciede to have a convention I would sugest the following:
1. Have it at a hotel/convention center with a water park so that the attendees have something fun to do in their free time.
2. It should be more of a meet and greet then a full fledged convention. Activities could be a Q/A sesion with Taeshi and SuitCase, meet the other forum members, Taeshi giving a demostration of the process of making BSCB, ect.
3. Rent just one convetion room as the convention gathering place and where the above activities occur.
4. It would be a good idea to make it a 2 day con instead of a 3 day.
5. Try to find somewhere that will not be to expensive for the average person to stay. NY hotels are pretty expensive.
On a side note, I have some connections with two anime conventions in the upper midwest and I can ask around and see what the possibility of getting you guy's invited to one of those.
- 01 December 2010 - 03:53 PM
- 01 December 2010 - 05:16 PM
BCBrunch and Tea
- 01 December 2010 - 05:51 PM
- 01 December 2010 - 05:53 PM
Bittersweet Authorized CONvention, or BACON for short.
- 01 December 2010 - 06:49 PM
JHawkNH's suggestions are good, except that I wouldn't even bother renting a meeting room. Too much money. Just meet in a local park, under a tree, close to a river.
- 01 December 2010 - 07:16 PM
There might also be other factors influencing the creators' choice of location, such as travel convenience, personal reasons, etc.
Perhaps Taeshi and SuitCase should narrow it down to a few good candidate cities, pick a tentative date, and post a poll on the main page. After all, there are more BCB fans than just those who post here in the forums, and it would be good to have a larger sample size in order to make a final decision.
Bonus points if the voting occurs in tandem with the current student elections storyline in BCB.
- 02 December 2010 - 12:37 AM
Assuming the "convention" extends for a week or so?
- 02 December 2010 - 06:36 PM
Probably something along the lines of "sexually harassing and misrepresenting the weight of an undercover cop."
- 02 December 2010 - 07:20 PM
- 02 December 2010 - 11:06 PM