donde esta lucy

Everything about Bittersweet Candy Bowl, from Veronica and Oliver.

Question

Anonymous:

What is the main reason why you closed the forums?

Oliver: Activity was slowing, forum topics were either ridiculously stupid (What’s Your Favourite Colour) or ridiculously serious (The Conflict In The Middle East: What’s Your Say) and all we seemed to get out of the forum anymore was moderation headaches and infighting. The forum had a lovely little heyday (back when it was in my little text board format that everyone wanted to move away from! >:O) but for whatever reason, cliques and preconceptions developed and made it a boring and painful place.

And I figured: we’re in the storytelling business, not the community management one, so what are we even doing? And so it was closed. I initiated the change and Veronica didn’t disagree. Things don’t need to last forever.

1. idopinions-blog reblogged this from bittersweetcandybowl
  2. fruitso said: Yea I remember years ago trying to join that forum. It was a pretty bad experiance and turned me off forums in general. Not your fault of course, but it was sad :(
  3. kivulini said: Now it’s just a mountain of comments that are impossible to navigate. :/ I’ll forever miss the forum but the comic is still amazing so it evens out.
  4. wonder-tiles said: I kinda miss the Art Forum though. Aw well… A lot of times the forums did end up toxic.
  5. mayuzane reblogged this from bittersweetcandybowl
  6. bittersweetcandybowl posted this