I'm doing some research on the bands playing at the St Kilda Festival
this weekend. Here's a bunch of bands for you guys to look into. After I've seen them live I'll report back.
Buckley Ward - available on spotify
- soft, indie. Generic
Elysium Fields - Bandcamp
- indie rock. Generic
While The City Sleeps - pop, mainstream, reminds me of blink182
The Refunds - Myspace
- Blues / rock, keyboard, a different sound.
Madre Monte - Official Website
- Cuban music with trumpet and the likes, spanglish
Shaun Kirk - Official Website
- urban country rock. could be good could be bad.
StereoKing - Triple J Unearthed
- Little kids playing punk, very cute.
Animaux - Soundcloud
- Sounds a bit like jazz. Listening to these kids play and sing you wouldn't say they're so young. A really nice, vibrant sound. The singer suffers a bit on the live performances, but the studio stuff is beautiful.
The Vitriols - Bandcamp
- rock, progressive, reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys
Warning Birds - Official Website
- soft, sad songs. An interesting sound. No opinion formed yet.
Oh Mercy - Tumblr
- the sounds of Neil Finn and Crowded House brought back to us in the new generation.
Red Rhinos - Facebook page
- A young band with a pretty generic rock sound. Maybe they'll be someone some day, right now they're just average.
Roscoe James Irwin - Soundcloud
- Folk and pop. A simple, fun band to listen to.
Belle Roscoe - Official Website
- Indie rock, with a cool violin background. Worth exploring.
The Twoks - Official Website
- Happy poppy. very girly.
Quarry Mountain Dead Rats - Triple J Unearthed
- folk, bluegrass. quite interesting.
Ash Grunwald - Wordpress
- Reggae? not sure how to classify this. a fun sound though, very chilled.
Mojo Juju - Official Website
- Former singer of "The Snake Oil Merchants", with a heavy bass line.
Stillwater Giants - Myspace
- Reminds me of alient ant farm somewhat. Not a bad sound.
Soul safari - Myspace
- soul, funk, Rnb. Not usually my stile, but I did enjoy their demo. Very smooth and the singer has a nice voice.
Client Liason - Soundcloud
- Dance, very 80s.
Loon Lake - Official Website
- Very fun indiepop band, famous for their song "cherry lips".
Blue juice - Myspace
- Kind of indie? Very rythmic. rather generic, tbh.
Kashmere Club - Triple J Unearthed
- Feels a bit like a power ballad. Emotional lyrics and a heavy sound.
Straylove - Soundcloud
- A mix with electronic music which reminds me of the 90s. Not bad at all.
Abbie Cardwell & The Chicano Rockers - Official Website
- A fun, energetic, Mexican-inspired band with lots of instruments.
Northeast Party House - Myspace
- Playing on bend trash cans and other weird improvised instruments they sing a nice poprock rhythm, good for moving around.
Better than the Wizards - Official Website
- slow and groovy lovesongs. Kinda house
Sub Atari Knives - Official Website
not finished yet, got 5 more bands to listen to before I go there tomorrow.
This post has been edited by Migrant: 09 February 2013 - 05:02 AM