Ah, so here we all are again, another day, another game and more deaths than you can count to come. As always I am pleased to that you will be joining us for yet another riveting game. Or maybe this is your first time here, I could care less either way, but one thing you should know before joining us is that this is game will not be played like the others. I am introducing new elements to this quest, new ways to find clues, interact, and ultimately, decide who lives and who dies.
The Story: Fourteen graduates from a small prep school have gathered after ten years for a reunion. Some have brought assorted companions with them so the number rounds off at 20. The former class President has commandeered the use of her private ski lodge for them. They are all being drove up there in a large limo, that will leave soon afterwards and strand them there until pick up a week from now. There is neither Cell phone reception nor radios, but this is suppose to be a week of relaxation from the trip goers’ active lives, so many are happy for the lack of communication with the outside world. The car ride is quite long, so let’s all reintroduce ourselves while we travel.
1. Terra Jones (To be played and Hosted by Leaving a Comment)- a business mogul and the arranger of this whole trip. She was the class president and charged with heading the class reunion. She is know for being hard headed and over the top, but relatively easy to get along with. After taking over the family company from her father, she was shot into the world of celebrities, rubbing elbows with the very rich and famous, and downing drinks as well. Though a bit of a party animal, she is an excellent business woman, becoming professional and polite when she deems the time right.
2. Darcy Williams(Pencil)- Terra’s assistant and right hand woman. Always at her side and call, Darcy is sweet and polite at all times. She also attended the same school as everyone else, but Terra offered her a job right out of school and she just couldn’t refuse. Many think Darcy deserves a better job than fetching coffee for Miss Jones, but she acts like she doesn’t mind. But one can never be sure what thoughts lurk behind that smile.
3. Alastair Moore(Lark)- It is hard to pin-point what Alastair’s job is exactly, he seems to be a kind of manager/ PR man/ Business partner. Well what ever his true title is, it’s apparent he is around to clean up Terra’s messes. Any time she parties just a little to hard or long, he is always by her side keeping her in check. This dashing fellow was not part of the graduating class, but that has not stopped him from catching the eye of many a lady in the group.
4. Miles Stewart(Junior Boomer)- This reporter has gained a reputation all over the world for always being the man who can get the stories. But he is not above taking the occasional bribe from the big companies to keep his mouth shut now and then. He is as charming and nice as he was in school, being just as popular with the ladies as he was 10 years ago. Though he as been in several relationships since graduating, all of his most serious lady companions have gathered today for the retreat, this offers to be very exciting.
5. Luna Taylor(Susan)- Luna Taylor is one of the most famous chefs around the world. She creates delicacies that make the taste buds shout in rejoice at her delectable treats. But her temper is rumored to be as hot and ferocious as the kitchens she runs. This lovely cook has always caught the attention of her classmates, and her beauty and anger have not changed since high School but one thing has, she now has a daughter.
6. Yancey Taylor- This 10 year old with the mouth of a sailor is as spunky and rambunctious as her mother. She stays close by her mother’s side, shouting insults and glares at any person that tries to get close to her. No one knows who Yancy’s father really is, Luna won’t speak a word of it, but maybe some secrets will be reviled during this retreat.
7. Parker Lewis(DEAD)- this Playboy actor has barely changed since prep school. He is still as wild as carefree as he was back then, but it all plays into is “Bad Boy” facade that his fans eat up. He is known for the multitudes of women he has seduced in the years, but at the moment he seems to be settled with his current girl friend, Jazzlyn, at least for now.
8. Jazzlyn Kelly- This young model is known far and wide for her beauty. Having recently been discovered, she is still very new to the life of the rich and famous and often seen as a tad bit naive. She dutifully follows Parker though, and is happily in love with him.
9. Dalton Walker(Gameking218)- This young entrepreneur has many talents, though none of them are particularly helpful in running a business. He travels the world, looking for inventors to invest his money in, odd little gadgets often catch his eye and he as brought several of these on the trip with him. He is as eccentric and loud as some of the items he funds, but he is loyal and sweet so he has always been like a lovable pet to the class.
10. Abel Robinson(ClosetLucy)- This work centered Politician is calm, cool, and collected. Having raised himself and his younger sister since they were young and having to put himself through school at the same time was no easy challenge and has made him very serious about his work. But there is a softer side to him as well, he cares deeply for his sister and often becomes overprotective of her, while still trying to maintain his “cool older brother” status. He as always been a sort of softy towards the rest of the class as well, especially the girls.
11. Mimi Robinson(MiwAuturu)- Abel’s eccentric younger sister is constantly looking for an “Adventure”. She is out going and fun, she has a complicated private life and is just as protective of her family and friends as her brother. She currently attends the same school that graduates came from along side her best friend, Jude.
12. Jude Campbell(Rukral)- A calm and quite boy, Jude was invited to the trip so Mimi wouldn’t be so bored being the only teenager. He happily agreed and is excited to stay the week at the lodge. He is constantly teased for the fact that many people see him and Mimi as a couple, which is usually met with a horde of protests and blushing faces from both Mimi and himself. He usually stays close to Mimi’s side considering he doesn’t know anyone else, but he plans on taking tons of photos during the trip.
13. Jean Ross- After graduating from school, Jean quickly became a famous writer. She started out writing adult fiction, but has since moved to a more political based writing style. She often travels into war zones to get the more gritty details for her books. She is known for not being one of Terra’s biggest fans, stemming from a certain incident that happened during School.
14. Raya Diaz- This Ballerina is known for being one of the best in the business. She has danced all over the world, including for royalty. Though they often don’t see each other for months at a time, her best friend is still Jean Ross. They share their dislike for Terra, and more often than not, their lovers.
15. Zander Murphy(TheBellBoy)- This composer was the geek during school, but has grown into a famous piano player. He is often straight forward and chatty to complete strangers, which sometimes leaves him in awkward situations. He has a soft spot for those under him and often tries to help the underdog when ever he can. He is married to Karinya and madly in love with her.
16. Karinya Murphy(ILB)- Karinya was a famous lounge singer in Las Vegas when she met Zander. After a short romance, the pair decided to get married and became a power house couple in the music industry. She is positive and calm, constantly having to get Zander out of uncomfortable situations though it has taught her how talk her way out of almost any problem with a smile.
17. Suzette Gibson(DEAD)- A famous Indy Movie producer, she is always looking for the next story that will sky-rocket her into the big leagues. She has traveled far and wide, making her just as street smart as she is book smart. Suzette has always been well liked among the group, and often tries to mediate their problem, and almost never actually succeeds in fixing them.
18. Axel McCain(SushiJaguar)- Suzette’s loyal companion and director of most of her movies, he usually stands quietly in the background telling her what is wrong with her plans. He is blunt and straight forward all the time and this has not earned him many friends since or in high school.
19. Amabell Brown- Amabell has always been the quite one of the group. Though friendly and sweet, she just does not talk at all. She works as an illustrator for a local newspaper, choosing to live a normal and carefree life compared to the rest of her class. She is happy with her life, considering her father supports her decision financially so she is still extremely well off.
20. Santana TuckDEAD-The head of an extremely successfully hotel industry, Santana came to power shortly after her family died in a tragic car accident. She chose to sink deep into her work after school, becoming close to only a few people after graduation. She comes off as a little bit snobby when really she is just still healing from the pain.
I added stuff, look here!
The Character's pasts are left open for your interpretation and the relationships are up to you to make even with the NPCs(non-playing characters) heck please make relationships with them, it makes for great motives. No characters are safe from death and if you are killed off you are free to choose any NPC left over.
A Few Helpful Rules
1.) No Mary-sues, they aren’t fun to play with and they become old real quick. And no one likes them so don’t make your character perfect in every little way, it’s really annoying. No one has any hidden guns, bazookas, or rocket launchers, do NOT bring them into play. No one is extremely athletic or resistant or any of that bull shit, it's stupid and get annoying real fast. These are normal people nearing their 30's, let's be realistic.
2.) Play nice with everyone, don’t get mad at the other players just because you don’t like the way they are taking the story. Just post a simple message stating you don’t like what they are doing and come to an agreement together on what to do next. You have to work together to win guys, this is a game so just have fun.
3.)Don’t post annoying messages that are just “OMG! Where is everyone? Why isn’t anyone playing, wahhhhhhhhh!” We do have lives outside of the forum and the wonderful thing about it is that even if you leave, you can come back and everything will still be there. Isn’t that awesome?
4.) No playing as the same character from a different RPG if you have played as them more that twice. Give someone else the chance. Yes, I know Susan and JB were Mike and Lucy in the last one but this still goes under the rule. Besides, we have played these games so much you can barely stop from playing the same character anymore. Just learn to be flexible, alright?
5.) Keep the Role playing in here. Taeshi doesn’t want to see it floating around the other threads. Most of us have played before and are pretty use to this, but it makes the other Forumites mad to see Augustus giving his two cents in the Religion thread.
6.) No trolling and Don’t feed the trolls. Don’t talk to them, don’t make snappy remarks, just act like they aren’t there. Seriously, you make it worse by talking to them. ILB and Jerk will delete stupid posts so don't try it, just ignore them and move on.
Playing the Game.
For the sake of making this last longer that a day, I will not be accepting accusations till the third day of actual game play. You can call out your guesses all you want, but unless this thing is completely dead in two days I won‘t accept them as real accusations. Let’s try and see how long we can keep this up.
The game does not officially start until the 2nd. Use the time in between now and then to talk to the other characters in the limo. I might start it on the 1st if I have time and everyone is up for it.
What I say is canon, all relationships with approval by the other player are canon. Relationships with NPCs are canon if believable. Clues you introduce will not be canon unless other wise stated by me, so if you think you found something that could fit into the story, throw it out there and see where it goes, it could lead you to a real clue.
The beginning of the third day is when I will start accepting hypothesizes. We can play longer if you guys want to, but nothing sooner than this. If you think you know the killer, announce it and give your reasons why and then wait for me to confirm before you go on a killing rampage. Seriously, deaths are only acceptable if I confirm it, we don’t want another gun fight like at the end of MMG 3. You can talk to the other players while waiting for me to confirm but don’t kill anyone just yet, that’s my job.
If you discover that you are the killer and you call it before anyone else, you will win the game and get away safely.
Okay, so I'm introducing a new element to the game to celebrate the 10th one, "Photos" of the crime scene. With every murder there will be a picture, you must "Investigate" to find clues and hints. You simply have your character look at what you want to investigate and then I will announce what you find. You may go back and investigate old crime scenes if you wish.
You must still investigate the bodies and everything if you want to find other clues not hidden in the picture. There is also a second new feature. The Red Light is getting a revamp. If I call RED LIGHT, all game play stops. There is not posting till I give the clear and announce GREEN LIGHT. If you are writing when I call RED LIGHT and post afterward, that's fine it will just be assumed that your post was before mine.
During these RED LIGHT moments, I will be posting not only murders, but also sometimes options. These will come at times in the plot that are most important, you will be given a two choices on screen and all playing characters will vote on the path they choose to take. It can involve everything from how to investigate evidence to actually deciding if someone lives or dies. The voting process will be completely based on who is here in a 30 minute period. After that 30 minutes is up, the game play will resume with the option that you chose.
Yes this means that everything could be decided by one vote and also in these special circumstance I have the power to over-ride a post that conflicts with the option. If there are any questions or concerns please address them now.
Okay so play nice, stay loose, be smart and see if you can discover the murder before the end of the game. So if you guys are ready, let’s get this party started!
This post has been edited by Leaving_a_Comment: 06 January 2011 - 01:28 AM