These are the characters available for play. All NPCs will be under my control.
1. Matthäus Hirsch (JimmyP424) - Matthäus is a distinguished Schutzstaffel (hereby referred to as SS) General and he was a major officer during the First World War. Like a few of Germany's old officers, he was roped into the Nazi Party when Adolf Hitler decided to take control of the country and as such he has been reluctantly working at the Fuhrer's side. He does not like the Nazi Party at all, but does his job regardless out of fear of being shot for treason. He is known for a clear head outside of the pressures of battle, but when aggravated his inner soldier does show.
2. Lena Schwabb (ILB) - Lena was born into a poor peasant family during the later years of the First World War and became a nurse later in her life. When the Nazi Party came to power, her father forced her to join the Medical Corps and due to her knowledge of wounds and cuts she skyrocketed to the command of the Nurse Corps. She has been Matthäus' friend for a long time and secretly harbors a love for him, but it is often overridden by her tendency to become angry quickly and coldness towards the Nazi Party and it's army. Her insubordination to the German High Command has almost caused her execution and she has hated the Nazis even more since.
4. Dagmar Berliner - Dagmar met Ambros when he was a rising star in the Gestapo's ranks and was thrilled to find out she had been appointed his secretary when he had made it big time. Their friendship blossomed into love and soon enough Ambros had taken Dagmar's virginity like he had taken the lives of so many innocent Jews. Since Ambros loves slaughtering the "Jewish Swine", Dagmar often revels in watching the pigs burn and Ambros loves sharing his work with his sweet strudel.
5. Poldi Eberstark (JuniorBoomer) - Poldi was just a run-of-the-mill soldier until the Americans had broken through the line at Omaha. Perched in the belltower of a church, he singlehandedly killed nearly fifty American soldiers with nothing but a sniper rifle until he had been forced to evacuate because of American armor. Heralded a hero in Germany, Poldi and his girlfriend Janina were forced to attend this meeting under the presumption Poldi was an excellent strategist. Truth is, Poldi loves his alcohol and women much more than he does his duties and the crimes of the Nazi War Machine..
6. Dietrich von Hammersmark (Riff) - Dietrich was the commander of Poldi's squad and good friends with Poldi himself. While a little heavyset, this amiable German sergeant is more likely to tell you a joke than he is to shoot you. He much prefers to be silly and tell jokes instead of keeping the pristine image of a cold and capable German Soldier. He holds no opinion, or at least he doesn't show an opinion, about the Nazi Party or the war, but one can often hear him reminisce about his small German village and how delicious the sauerkraut at the nearby cafe was.
7. Ambros Bauer (Gameking) - Ambros received every single bit of training a small child could have in the way of the Nazis. His father was a war veteran and he was pushed through Hitler Youth before he skyrocketed to the top of the Gestapo. Blinded by pure hatred for the Jews he often stormed slums himself and has murdered tens of innocent men, women, and children by himself. His favorite activity consists of being a brain-dead Nazi puppet, but he also enjoys watching the crematorium at the concentration camp that is near his home town.
8. Susanne Nimitz - Suzanne was a small time author before the war began, but when a soldier came to her and told her his story of the Afrika Korps, Josef Goebbels took an interest in her writing and soon enough she had begun authoring propaganda films for Goebbels himself. She has a ritzy home in Berlin and she is often seen with her close friend Alois, but most of the time he just puts a hamper on the celebrity scene.
12. Janina Eberstark (ClosetLucy) - Janina lived in a small German village with Poldi before the war began, and she was his girlfriend. Poldi had a habit of running around with other women, but she was unwise until she caught him with a Jewish woman. Since then, Janina has hated Jews more furiously than even Hitler himself and turns them in without question. She even shot and murdered a family of Jews in front of a squad of German soldiers, and they laughed with her as the bodies fell to the ground.
13. Jutte Klein (Susan) and Renate Kriegsman (separate players) - These two ladies are not important at all to the event. They simply are the only cooking staff at the chateau and are secretly sympathetic to the Allies' cause. They don't show it as they value their lives, however, and simply go about cooking for whatever guests happen upon the chateau. Jutte is the one that owns the chateau, but it was taken from her when the Nazis invaded her home country of France. Her cellar was used by the Free French Forces, but with the party going on it is unwise to conduct such business under the nose of several officers.
15. Jürgen Schlauss - Jürgen grew up in the house across the street from the Bauer's and became incredibly good friends with Mathilde as they went through school. While part of Hitler Youth, Jürgen still harbors Mathilde's same feelings for Jews and often follows her on small missions to the nearby slum where they give food to the Jews that live within. Some of their hilarious exploits include outsmarting a whole squad of Gestapo officers who caught them one night.
16. Achin Schuster (SushiJaguar) - Achin is a shady man that no one knows much about. He is a distinguished SS General and has several medals in his possession. He had appeared without a history and was almost accepted into the ranks with open arms. Rumors circulate about murder and espionage but he is close friends with Hitler. If his intent was to foil the Nazi War Machine, he could have assassinated the Furher a long time ago.
17. Therese Kappel (Pencil) - Therese is a tomboy and the daughter of a rich factory owner. When he died, he left her all of his factories and as such she is in control of many of the factories that produce tanks, weapons, and planes for the war effort. The German Army is compensating her well - a little too well, but otherwise she refused to produce anything for them. While she mildly dislikes the Nazis, she figures money is money and there is nothing she alone can do to stop them.
18. Alois McCain (TWA) - Alois is just as shady if not as shadier than Achin. He just appeared one day as Susanne's close friend and turned out he had been an SS General for many years. He is often soft spoken and cold in his speaking, and logic is the only thing that motivates him. No one knows much about him besides Susanne - he is not very sociable.
Setting: A chateau in the outskirts of Paris. It is July 1944. The Americans and British had successfully landed in France and a fierce battle with the British is taking place in Caen. The Americans have clashed with their Nazi adversaries near Cherbourg and the German High Command is stressed out and scattered. A team of the top SS and Nazi offers have been called to the Chateau DuPont, a secluded and lightly guarded Nazi stronghold. There, the German High Command hopes these officers will be able to remedy the losing battle and force the Allied forces out of France and back into the sea where the bodies of their fallen comrades had floated in the water no more than a few weeks ago. However, tensions are running high as the motorcade containing the officers speeds towards the deserted countryside. It is early evening and the air raids are already beginning: the smoke and fire from the coast can be seen for miles around, and word has it that American spies have penetrated several tightly-knit Nazi groups throughout the country. As the cars near the chateau, clouds block out the raging flames and the booms of shells are replaced with the thundering of storm clouds. A thick fog has also rolled in over the roads, and the drivers are worried about visibility conditions. As they argue, a small green sign passes the vehicles.
"Chateau DuPont - 3 Kilometres."
This is where it picks up. Everyone (excluding myself and Renate) are in a motorcade. The car seating is as follows:
Car 1: Matthäus, Lena, Poldi, Sofie
Car 2: Dietrich, Amalia, Katrin, Dagmar
Car 3: Ambros, Mathilde, Jürgen, Achin
Jeep: Alois, Soldier, Soldier
Car 4: Seffi, Therese, Susanne, Janina
You will arrive sometime Friday afternoon (real time - RT abb.) and no murder will happen until Friday night (RT). Anything else I missed will be put up later and I will notify you all if I do change something. Have at it!
This MMG is a little different and a little more difficult from the rest. There are some common things you should know:
1. When a murder is committed, do not expect all the clues to be in the open. I expect you to delve and pry and you will have to put two and two together yourselves. Also, please remember this is 1944 and a lot of yesterday's knowledge of the human body is inefficient compared to today. This brings me to the next point.
2. There will be times, whether during or after a murder investigation where a specific character or the group on whole will be provided with several choices, each with different outcomes. If it is the latter, the group must vote on which choice they will do. Be careful! World War II is a dangerous place and your character may end up getting hurt. If it is a heavy wound, then please refer to...
3. Your character may become injured or fatigued during gameplay due to a specific event or choice. If your character becomes injured, the Chateau does hold an infirmary but it can only do so much. Some wounds that could be fixed easily today may be fatal to you in this time period. Think before you act, folks.
4. Yes. This is a time of war. Most officers carry sidearms and you can use your gun... but! There is nothing in your post to be about shooting. You will let me know when you are going to fire upon someone and I will decide firstly if I will allow it to happen and secondly you will give me a number. I will take this number and roll a pair of die - if the die is lower than your number, your gun will jam and become unusable. If it is higher than your number, your gun will misfire and damage you instead, sometimes fatally. Shooting is a risky business and unless you have nothing to lose, don't fire.
5. There will be periods between murders, marked "safe periods". During these periods, you may discuss the murders with your fellow players or roleplay and develop your character, whatever you want. These are as long as I want them to be and will be at my discretion, but will usually be an hour or so long.
6. Please sign your posts with your character's name, as you should know from the earlier games. I would also like to stress that most of these people are not detectives and are human, and their first reaction wouldn't be to jump into a crime scene and tear it apart, or maybe they wouldn't even recognize it as a murder. Play them like real people, folks.
7. Please do not post "where is everyone come on let's play" or "bump". I don't want this topic cluttered with this shit.
8. Do not get upset at fellow players for whatever reason, it is simply a game. If there is an issue, I will mediate.
9. I will not accept accusations unless they are in a "I accuse W because of XYZ format. Everything else will be regarded as thinking out loud or discussing possibilities.
10. A twist! You can now accuse someone of being a Jew, Allied sympathizer, or similar and either detain them or have them shot. However, this needs sufficient proof as guesses will not be accepted. When I say sufficient, I mean incriminating. Behavior is not solid proof.
11. These symbols are important to know.
() - inside is OOC (out of character)
 or italicized - thoughts
"" - speech
** - News from me or an important event. If someone else uses it, ignore it.
All times for events are in Central Standard Time.
This post has been edited by Susan: 09 January 2011 - 11:13 PM