The archive is sorted into 3 volumes and 103 chapters. There are 1,281 pages.
The first three years of the comic will introduce you to the main threads of the story.
Since these are the oldest pages, please be forgiving of the inconsistent art as BCB “grew up”. We recommend new readers start at Volume Two. ↓
1. Simple Pleasures (6 pages, 11/2/09)
It’s a hot summer’s day, so why not step outside?
2. Gaming Rivalry (4 pages, 5/5/06)
A simple video game competition leads to an all-out brawl.
3. Merry Snow Day (4 pages, 5/8/06)
Snowfall in the morning, but is it enough to grant Lucy a day off school?
4. Unfit for Education (4 pages, 5/12/06)
Yashy thinks she’s old enough to go to school, but things aren’t always that easy.
5. The Burden of Parenthood (7 pages, 7/15/11)
The students pair up to care for electronic infants, leading to some shocking results.
6. Prom Preparation (4 pages, 6/3/06)
Daisy is put in charge of the 8th-grade dance night, while Mike takes on the role of ladies’ man.
7. Helping Hands (9 pages, 7/15/11)
When disaster strikes a poor little bird, Paulo and Daisy are eager to help.
8. Show and Tell (4 pages, 6/12/06)
The gang talks about their breeds while certain other misconceptions are thrown out the window.
9. Pep Rally (6 pages, 6/16/06)
Mike’s hypersensitivity to noise and the upcoming pep rally make for a dangerous combination.
Intermission: Catty Remarks (2 pages, 6/20/06)
It’s a catastrophe.
10. Off to the Movies (6 pages, 6/27/06)
A cinematic adventure.
11. Puppy Love (4 pages, 6/30/06)
A secret admirer leaves a note for Mike, amusing Lucy to no end.
12. Confrontation (30 pages, 1/15/10)
Finding themselves lost in an unknown city, the group faces up to some troublesome characters.
- The trip home (p.26)
13. Aftermath (4 pages, 8/1/06)
Despite a lucky escape, mixed messages leave Mike with an awful taste in his mouth.
14. Field Day (12 pages, 8/4/06)
Outdoor games are fun for everybody, right? Well, unless you take them a little too far…
15. Unfulfilled Fantasy (14 pages, 8/6/06)
A letter arrives for Mike — a reminder of his childhood love.
16. Farewell, Middle School (6 pages, 8/9/06)
Middle school finally comes to an end. After saying goodbye to teachers, summer vacation begins.
Intermission: Mike’s Birthday (1 page, 8/10/06)
Surprise parties are overrated.
17. Blurry Memories (8 pages, 8/25/06)
Mike’s pet bird has always seemed a little mysterious.
Intermission: Yashy’s Birthday (1 page, 9/1/06)
She just hopes nobody forgot.
18. Hot Pursuit (14 pages, 9/6/06)
Mike sees a familiar face on TV and embarks on a quest to find her in the city.
19. Enter High School (6 pages, 9/10/06)
As the new year begins, a new classmate arrives.
20. A Difficult Choice (5 pages, 9/12/06)
Plagued with mixed feelings and potential love interests, Mike struggles to make a decision.
21. A New Leaf (4 pages, 9/14/06)
With a refreshed mind and positive outlook, Mike’s strutting around with confidence.
22. Wardrobe Malfunction (4 pages, 9/25/06)
So why doesn’t Mike wear his blue scarf anymore?
Intermission: Daisy’s Birthday (1 page, 9/28/06)
A gift like this wasn’t exactly what Daisy was asking for.
23. Humble Approach (4 pages, 10/7/06)
Daisy loses heart as she realises she’s not going to get the boy she always wanted.
24. Unmerry Melodies (4 pages, 10/11/06)
If BCB was a musical…
25. Left Behind (6 pages, 10/20/06)
Tess asks why Lucy is so abrasive. Fortunately, Mike has enough experience to offer some answers.
26. Misunderstanding and Change (6 pages, 11/3/06)
A truth or dare question reveals that there’s more to Lucy and Paulo’s friendship than meets the eye.
Intermission: Lucy’s Birthday (3 pages, 11/8/06)
It’s difficult to prepare a surprise party for Lucy. Will it actually work this year?
27. Of Little Monsters and Pockets (6 pages, 10/23/06)
What kind of Pokemon are you? How do you do the things you do?
28. Feline Festivities (16 pages, 12/29/06)
Christmas is around the corner, and everyone is invited to Tess’ party. Tension and punch ensue.
Intermission: Do Ask, Do Tell (1 page, 1/4/07)
Mike meets a new friend who offers some diversity to the group.
29. Mid-term Time (5 pages, 1/12/07)
Exam time is coming, and Tess turns to Daisy for help despite the inherent embarrassment of being tutored by a freshman.
30. Troubled Waters (12 pages, 1/16/07)
This term, Phys. Ed is all about swimming. But why isn’t Lucy involved?
Intermission: Wishful Thinking (1 page, 2/1/07)
Paulo is delighted to get along so well with Lucy. It mightn’t last.
31. Carry On (6 pages, 2/4/07)
Swimming brings Daisy’s lack of self-confidence to the fore, while Mike laments Lucy’s strange phobia.
Intermission: Break Time (2 pages, 2/10/07)
Can you feel the magic?
32. Follow Me (7 pages, 2/18/07)
Daisy is upset that her male friends only seem to care about “hot” girls like Tess. She seeks comfort from a stranger.
33. Onwards to Adventure (7 pages, 2/23/07)
It’s David’s 14th birthday, and the sky’s the limit!
Intermission: Box of Tricks (5 pages, 3/11/07)
Arranged into groups for a school project, Mike and Lucy are weirded out by the antics of an obsessive third wheel.
34. Bonding (5 pages, 3/3/07)
Daisy spends more time with her newfound friend, and he reveals there’s more to Tess than meets the eye.
35. Tread Carefully (1 page, 11/16/09)
Paulo isn’t pleased about having to go to school, but Daisy can think of an entertaining distraction.
Intermission: Hydrothunder Tantrum (2 pages, 5/5/07)
“The VG Cats one”.
36. Under Pressure (10 pages, 3/17/07)
Abbey reaches boiling point, Daisy flirts for attention, and Tess is haunted by her past.
37. Crash and Burn (4 pages, 3/25/07)
Struggling to hide naughty content from her pets, Lucy finds herself at war with her computer.
Intermission: Out of the Frame (6 pages, 5/14/07)
Upset by her apparent marginalisation, Sue protests with a group of neglected classmates.
38. A Different Side (16 pages, 7/4/07)
Another pep rally gives Daisy her chance to shine. But past grudges find the worst times to bubble up to the surface…
Intermission: Birthday Double-Team (2 pages, 5/1/07)
Paulo and Chirpy are celebrating their birthdays together with disastrous results.
39. Rising Temperature (14 pages, 5/27/07)
Abbey reveals his hidden nature. Meanwhile, Daisy invites Mike to a carnival, and all seems to be going as planned…
40. Love My Way (22 pages, 6/27/07)
Tess and Paulo go to prom while Daisy and Mike go to the carnival. Two perfect nights go horribly wrong.
- The carnival (p.11)
41. Moving On (6 pages, 7/7/07)
With freshman year coming to a close, everyone looks back with a sense of relief.
Intermission: Having Kittens (1 page, 6/2/07)
Mike and Lucy explain the origin of the “Bittersweet Candy Bowl” name.
42. Invitation (20 pages, 12/7/07)
Tess asks everyone to join her on an overseas trip. She’ll stop at nothing to get a “yes” from Mike and Lucy.
43. Arrival (30 pages, 6/8/08)
The group arrives at Acapulco and meets an awkward new friend.
- Enter Zachary (p.20)
44. Search and Rescue (28 pages, 10/2/08)
When somebody goes missing, Lucy’s dependency problem is stripped bare.
- The fall (p.10)
45. Intervention (24 pages, 1/10/09)
Something is putting Mike on edge, while David confronts Paulo about his clash with Tess.
- The princess and the queen (p.16)
46. Return (18 pages, 1/25/09)
It’s the final night of the Acapulco trip, and everyone has found a different experience to take away.
47. New Beginnings (13 pages, 3/16/09)
Something has sparked between Daisy and Abbey, and Lucy is curious to know what happened.
Volume Two: Starting Over
Meet the cast and skip right to where the story really finds its feet.
Opening with an introductory chapter, Volume Two is the best place for new readers to jump in.
Story Summary: Starting Over (34 pages, 9/14/12)
Settling into school routine, Jessica and Rachel get to know the cast.
48. Pick Me Up (11 pages, 3/31/09)
Lucy is struggling with her feelings, but Mike is sick of the whole game. Paulo picks up the pieces.
49. In the End (2 pages, 4/1/09)
Lucy wonders if she’ll ever find happiness with another, and seems to have found a solution.
50. Wonderland (6 pages, 11/2/09)
Lucy wakes up in a strange new world.
51. A Distance Apart (14 pages, 11/18/09)
Sophomore year has begun. While some look forward to the new year, Lucy continues to dwell on her predicament.
52. Unrequited (12 pages, 12/21/09)
Some secrets don’t take long to slip loose.
53. Another Shoulder (16 pages, 1/15/10)
As her friendship with Mike crumbles, Lucy becomes desperate for comfort and support.
54. Casting Call (10 pages, 3/22/10)
Sue orchestrates a theatre production… while getting some other details in order.
Intermission: Turning Tides (3 pages, 9/3/12)
Paulo, you’re all washed up.
Intermission: Sensible Precautions (1 page, 6/15/11)
David wonders about the clothing habits of his female classmates.
55. Back and Forth (33 pages, 4/16/10)
Paulo proves to David that he still has what it takes to get any girl he wants.
56. Molly’s Adventure (24 pages, 7/2/10)
Anxious to play saleswoman for a day, Molly’s choice to seize the moment (and a friend) proves both a blessing and a curse.
57. Up to Bat (6 pages, 8/20/12)
Paulo and Jasmine get some practice in before the big game.
58. To The Top (11 pages, 7/7/10)
A burgeoning career, good friends, all the stuff a girl could ever need…
59. Another Path (25 pages, 8/2/10)
Paulo wonders whether he made the right call with Lucy.
- Fatherly advice (p.13)
60. Mischief Night (17 pages, 9/29/10)
A night of scares and surprises.
It’s time for new relationships to blossom, but Lucy faces a harsh winter.
The first fully-coloured volume.
61. Rehearsal (4 pages, 11/15/10)
Sue’s script calls for a little more than Lucy wants to reveal. But there’s always the privacy of your own room, right?
62. Feline Filibuster (18 pages, 11/24/10)
Academic politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
63. Pillow Talk (61 pages, 1/5/11)
Daisy invites the girls over for a sleepover party at her place. Pajama drama!
Intermission: Raw and Uncensored (1 page, 5/27/11)
David surfs the internet for illicit material.
64. Call Waiting (7 pages, 6/17/11)
Mike’s in good spirits for a change. For now.
65. Carry Me (27 pages, 7/4/11)
Paulo is happy with his new girlfriend, but only when she has time for him.
66. On Our Own (6 pages, 9/4/11)
The school day is over, but Augustus is stuck with a problem.
67. Fade Away (6 pages, 9/19/11)
Tess is feeling uneasy about her upcoming graduation. Is it the usual senior chills, or is there something more?
68. December (39 pages, 10/3/11)
Winter’s here, but there’s one more assignment before Christmas vacation.
…and everything newer
70. Piece of Cake (17 pages, 4/23/12)
Paulo takes advantage of a convenient confection to visit Lucy.
71. Just Beautiful (33 pages, 6/1/12)
The biggest night of Mike’s life.
72. Buddy System (1 page, 8/17/12)
Mike comes to understand the value of an unlimited phone plan.
73. Ten Seconds to Midnight (30 pages, 12/3/12)
Another year, another broken heart. Meanwhile, Augustus happens upon a frightening sight.
74. Curtain Call (36 pages, 2/11/13)
Sue’s big production finally takes the stage.
- A new hero (p.19)
75. Breaking Up (28 pages, 5/4/13)
The gang reach out for Lucy, but there isn’t much left to grab.
- The hospital (p.17)
76. Leaving Home (11 pages, 6/25/13)
Seems like everyone has their own way of coping.
77. Study Buddy (20 pages, 7/10/13)
Daisy arranges a study party. It isn’t too long before Mike’s biggest secret starts to slip.
- Violin lessons (p.17)
78. Safe Boundaries (26 pages, 8/8/13)
Abbey and Daisy take their relationship to the next level.
79. Critical Hit (22 pages, 9/12/13)
A gallery trip provides a few intellectual challenges.
81. Take Heart (33 pages, 1/20/14)
Abbey and Daisy face their first major blow-up, while Paulo becomes wary of a new man for Rachel.
Intermission: Love Note (1 page, 4/7/14)
From the heart.
82. Local Area (15 pages, 4/9/14)
Stacy introduces Mike to a hidden passion.
83. Small Fry (17 pages, 5/14/14)
Another satisfied customer.
Intermission: Test Drive (1 page, 6/25/14)
Kicked to the curb.
84. Scenic Route (24 pages, 14 posted, 6/27/14)
Take the long way around.