Burst leaderboard ad

Abbey, AbbeyxDaisy, Daisy, David, Lucy, Mike, Oso-De-Clare_(Artist), Paulo, PauloxLucy, Sandy

Abbey AbbeyxDaisy Daisy David Lucy Mike Oso-De-Clare_(Artist) Paulo PauloxLucy Sandy (463x2248, 2.4MB)

decided to do a super casual version of that music meme where you put your music on shuffle and draw what comes to mind!

1. Walk On By - Noosa
    I guess I was thinking about Jessica being in love with Lucy, hating herself for getting so attached to someone like her, also a lil bit of mourning the fact that Lucy had left Roseville.

2. No Light, No Light - Florence and the Machines
    This was, like, my favorite to draw. The constant up and down of Paulo and Lucy’s relationship, the fact that Paulo will always be desperately and unconditionally in love with Lucy, or at least for a long *** time. He doesn’t necessarily idolize her, but the throne/halo were meant to show that, while he recognizes of all her faults, she’s perfect to him. I felt like there was a lot of Lucy’s habit of disconnecting as well as the consequences for his sleeping with Jess and Rach in this song too. yee.

3. Met Before - Chairlift
    this was easy, Daisy recognizing Sandy on the street or some ****. The song is about different realities where you might know someone in one reality and not know them in another, and their relationship going from Best Friends to Who the *** R U seemed like p contrasting “realities”, esp when Sandy prob doesn’t remember Daisy, at least not in the way Daisy remembers her.

4. What it’s all About - Girl Talk
    i’ve never drawn dancing before, esp not twerking, im so sorry ; A ; this is a really upbeat song w/ p much no meaning, so i decided it seemed like something Rach would jam to.

5. Mowgli’s Road -Marina and the Diamonds
    heheh, Paulo and David gettin baked af and longboarding down a hill, song has a lot of weird lyrics and varying pitches, so it seemed like their goofy, sporadic friendship.

6. Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
    Sandy out partying with her model friends, busy busy with her life and forgetting to call infatuated boyf Mike. Mike idolizing her, interlacing his entire existence with hers, and Sandy just kinda like… doing her own thing?? bc while she loves him, idk how long that love will last as they grow as people, idfk

7. Sweet Girl - Nicole Dollanganger
    this one was interesting too, the song is basically about cute lesbian sex, but there’s a line that’s “don’t know who told you/you had a cherry in between your legs”, and I really got caught on that line lmao. So the pic is Daisy’s view of sex being a little more, ehhh not casual?? but like, an experience! Bc while she cares about Abbey, she’s not IN LOVE with him, but she still feels close enough to him to do the do, while he kinda needs love to follow thru with that kinda act.

Oso-De-Clare 2 days ago.

Wow nice sketches. I like the 4 one most with Rachel. Shes got a lot of junk in the trunk it looks like.

bluefox 2 days ago.

I LOVE YOUR DESIGN OF DAVID omg it's so good

Box 2 days ago.

ty blue! yes, fo sho, if only i could draw butts :,0 lmao
    THANK U BOX, he would totally have nice neat dreads (that his momma does for him) and wear kitschy gAM3R shirts (that his momma buys for him)

Oso-De-Clare 2 days ago.

That's actually not a bad idea to do (the music thing). I think I might give it a shot one day. Btw love all the detail you put in explaining the pics, I would've never guessed!

dirtdog1996 2 days ago.

it's really fun to do, i highly suggest it! good for warmups and stuff. Thank u!! lmao, I was worried i put too much, I often type a l o t oops

Oso-De-Clare 2 hours ago.

Augustus, AugustusxLucy, Lucy, Witacurr_(Artist)

Augustus AugustusxLucy Lucy Witacurr_(Artist) (750x1000, 180.3KB)

they'd be such a chaotic, almost abusive couple, hhh :unsure: i adore your style, it has such a natural flow!!

Oso-De-Clare 4 days ago.

I agree with Oso-De-Clare in regards of your style, one of the problems that can arise in comics is the flow of the scenes; you seem to have managed quite nicely.

Juan_Pablo 4 days ago.

Does anyone else think the implications are kinda... Well.. Uncomfortable? :unsure:

insane677 3 days ago.

^^yeah, hence why i see them as a rly abusive couple. Their actions are ficked and not ok, but it seems like something they'd both do. idk if the artist intended this to be romantic?

Oso-De-Clare 3 days ago.

I don't think this is abusive at all. Scene like this is a cliche. I adore this <3

neela 3 days ago.

How is this not abusive? She tries to puch him, then he forcibly pushes her against the wall and kisses her.

insane677 3 days ago.

She abuses him physicaly, he abuses her sexualy. Sounds like a healthy relationship to me.

7 2 days ago.

oof, the youth of the internet is scaring me.
    forced violence like this is not romantic, like maybe gently being pushed against the wall with consent beforehand is romantic. But she wanted to hurt him, with a full on punch and fury in her eyes, and he responds with grabbing and SHOVING her against the wall and forcing a kiss, and he's clearly holding her there, idk, idk, it's ****ed up and please don't think a scene like this is romantic, neela and 7.

Oso-De-Clare 2 days ago.

forgot my <sarcasm>...</sarcasm> tags, sorry

7 2 days ago.

I would just like to say thank you to Oso-De-Clare and insane677 to catching up with the undertones here. I'm all for crazy myself and I like the picture, but it's nice to know that there are people that recognize and point out that this is, you know, "kids, this is wrong, don't do that" kind of a situation. And not actually the whole page of "D'aww" comments (which i WAS expecting, taking into consideration that this is a popular ship.)

To 7:
    Nice one there though))) (I think, Oso-De-Clare was just a bit Sheldon-ish for a moment)

CR 3 hours ago.

Lucy, LucyxSandy, Mike, Paulo, Sandy, Scientifickitten_(Artist)

Lucy LucyxSandy Mike Paulo Sandy Scientifickitten_(Artist) (1008x1008, 241.6KB)

same

Striife 1 week ago.

She was actually the one who pointed out the problem with their relationship.

Juan_Pablo 1 week ago.

IDEAL BCB ENDING

isabelle 6 days ago.

I disappear for a weekend and this happens?

Eh. I ship it.

Daffyhat 4 days ago.

In fairness @Juan_Pablo, all Sandy ever knew about Lucy's behaviour towards Mike came through the lens of Mike.
    It's therefore quite believable, from Sandy's point of view, that Mike was exaggerating and distorting Lucy's behaviour to make his point, and was being unfair to her, making her out as far more unpleasant and abusive than she really was. (of course while WE know that it's all true, Sandy remains blissfully ignorant)

That is, provided that Lucy has become nice and lovely and non-violent now she's away from Mike.. which for the sake of the drawing I SAY SHE HAS!

scientifickitten 3 days ago.

scientifickitten, you mean Sandy doubting her Maishul? Besides, we see in the comic that Mike was actually downplaying his abuse, and Sandy in tears; "quite believable" is not how i would describe it.

Juan_Pablo 3 days ago.

It's one of those things where a relationship sounds worse than it actually is, but then you talk about it, and you realize it's also worse than you've been thinking it was, and then everyone flips out and overreacts.

modulusshift 2 days ago.

lets be honest here, Paulo would find that to be hot

EvilKitty3 22 hours ago.

... I just wanted to draw Mike being sad, that's all! then the context appeared around it.

I'm just saying that Sandy's only point of contact with the rest of the cast is Mike and so he's where all her information would come from. Even if WE know he's downplaying the abuse, SHE doesn't. We mustn't forget that just because we know something doesn't mean everyone else does too.

So in her mind it's technically at least a possibility that he was lying. I'm not making any comments on the probability though.

scientifickitten 18 hours ago.

Daisy, Striife_(Artist)

Daisy Striife_(Artist) (900x1000, 133.4KB)

Daisy looks so cute in that dress! :D

ArtisticMenace 20 hours ago.

Fenris_(Artist), Hair_Lucy, Lucy

Fenris_(Artist) Hair_Lucy Lucy (700x545, 82.4KB)

I did not promised it... so here she is! Blueberry Lucy!
    Unfortunately, in line art for now, my promarkers get dry :(

Fenris 2 days ago.

omf what clean lines, this is so pretty!!

Oso-De-Clare 2 days ago.

Ow wow blue berry Lucy :love: Love her face. She looks lovely. Your line art is real good.

bluefox 2 days ago.

Abbey, AbbeyxPaulo, human, January_Stream, Lucy, Paulo, PauloxLucy, PauloxRachel, Rachel, Taeshi_(Artist)

Abbey AbbeyxPaulo January_Stream Lucy Paulo PauloxLucy PauloxRachel Rachel Taeshi_(Artist) human (900x550, 92.1KB)

The two girls confess to Paulo, but he’s thinking of someone else.

Vero wants to make a note to future artists that these were really lazy off-the-cuff human designs, and that they’re not canonical versions. She’d want to do more with them. So if you’re using this for reference, it’s not a very good one — come up with your own human designs.

SuitCase 2 months ago.

Oh hey, my request! This is super awesome, thanks Taeshi! I really love it :) The human designs are great and the characters are recognizable! This is so cool

PopcornCats 2 months ago.

And Abbey's grumpy face is adorable

PopcornCats 2 months ago.

Paulo looks like if you would take suit's appearance and blended it with Shaggy from Scooby Doo and then gave him darker skin and darker brown hair.

HelTH 2 months ago.

I never noticed just how recognizable the characters are just by expression. That's explicitly Lucy's "Not like I care, or anything", Rachel's sassy swooning smile, and even Paulo's "uhhh...", though I guess Mike and maybe Abbey has used that one, too.

modulusshift 2 days ago.

Daisy, Jinx_(Artist)

Daisy Jinx_(Artist) (602x1001, 724.3KB)

BABY DAISY

Jinx 2 days ago.

Jessica, Rachel, Radial_(Artist)

Jessica Rachel Radial_(Artist) (400x400, 13.6KB)

Cute.

bluefox 3 days ago.

Nice picture. What i like the most about it is it's cotidianity (is that a word? It is now); just seeing what Rachel and Jessica would be doing any one day; not the main plot, not angst, just one friend helping the other with her hair. I also like the linework and style in general. If there's something i don't like it's its seemly provisional character; do you plan on editing further so it doesn't remain a sketch?

Juan_Pablo 3 days ago.

The genuine academic word you're looking for is "everydayness", funnily enough

yitz 3 days ago.

It seems it is. Funny indeed.

Juan_Pablo 3 days ago.

Abbey, AbbeyxDaisy, Daisy, Jinx_(Artist)

Abbey AbbeyxDaisy Daisy Jinx_(Artist) (500x567, 86.4KB)

Glad to see them happy, specially because is not going to happen in the chapter we're in any time soon. Are they supposed to be cats or have they been species-swapped into dogs? By all else, nice picture; good work.

Juan_Pablo 3 days ago.

nooo they arent supposed to be dogs, i guess thats my fault for always giving the things i draw prominant snouts. i should work on that lol. anyway, thank youuu!! i love drawing them all happy cause theyre my faaav

Jinx 3 days ago.

Daisy, Jessica, Lucy, Mike, MikexSandy, Oso-De-Clare_(Artist), Paulo, PauloxLucy, Rachel, Sandy

Daisy Jessica Lucy Mike MikexSandy Oso-De-Clare_(Artist) Paulo PauloxLucy Rachel Sandy (909x949, 1.8MB)

please don't resize! it's a tad big, but it's so you can see all the text and pretty details, ty :)
    Sketch dump, mostly PauloxLucy bc my gOD i love them

Oso-De-Clare 2 weeks ago.

Yes, it shows.

I have a personal question @Oso-De-Clare, if you think i'm being indiscreet or just don't want to feel free not to answer: In PauloXLucy, do you indentify with Paulo, Lucy, or neither?

Juan_Pablo 2 weeks ago.

I like Paulo trying to put Lucy's hair in a pony tail. He's doing a horrible job.

bluefox 2 weeks ago.

Oh no the size is perfectly fine when it’s got a lot of information and fine detail like that, this is so amazing! I love seeing your work with markers to accentuate some details! Also I absolutely loooove that human Rachel! Daisy looks gorgeous as well!!

also that mad sandyyyy

Taeshi 2 weeks ago.

YES GOOD

SpaceMouse 2 weeks ago.

paulo and lucy pls

BagPaulo 2 weeks ago.

@juan like, as in who do I relate to more? err, if i had to pick probably Lucy bc i feel that emotional mess struggle, lmao. Is that what u meant??
    @bluefox yes he is :,) damn dork
    @taeshi eee, ok im glad! I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry, i think radial resized some of my stuff before, heheh :9 and ty so much!!! <3 the markers basically all i've been sketching with, lol, they're super fun UwU
    @spacemouse THANK !!
    @bagpaulo furreal tho, lil scamps need to get a room

Oso-De-Clare 2 weeks ago.

/quiet crying bc holy sh*t I finally got an *excellent* on one of my pictures, thank y'all so much ; o ;

Oso-De-Clare 2 weeks ago.

Keep drawing the best ship in more cool ways like this and there COULD BE MORE

SpaceMouse 2 weeks ago.

/embarrassed laughter, it got removed so uh nvm i guess

Oso-De-Clare 4 days ago.