Ace_(Artist), Contest, Lucy

Ace_(Artist) Contest Lucy (360x653, 61.2KB)

On the plane ride home I failed in my nuzlocke run so I decided to doodle and this came out! Well, the sketch underneath. The colors were using Citadel paints that I regularly use for models. Besides the fact that I can't draw faces/ heads and such all that well, nor do I understand dress making, I think it went well enough.

Oh and I guess there is a contest or something I guess I've now entered or whatever.

Ace 5 years ago.

I'm sorry, but those glasses.. I just can't unsee her as McKain. ._.

Shayren 5 years ago.

Then the illusion is complete.

Ace 5 years ago.

Interesting Greek style, although the sunglasses call for modern age... I guess the finger is for some tourist that just asket her to take a picture

Cavara 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51963

All right Ace, you didn't want a critique so this'll just be a direct quote from Taeshi:

Taeshi: The really funny thing is that I LOVE Ace’s outfit despite that? Just something about it
    Taeshi: It just looks exotic and makes me wish someone who can draw really well could redraw it

So feel proud. It really was a great design which could actually be a runway dress.

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, DarlingDolly_(Artist), Lucy

Contest DarlingDolly_(Artist) Lucy (465x996, 786.9KB)

I think this takes the bow in vain.

SuitCase 5 years ago.

This is fantastic! I love how you did the shading and her face!

flara 5 years ago.

Beautiful!

jpark17 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51962

I certainly like the weird art style and how crisp it is! Unforunately, the dress itself was none too impressive. It really just looks like a pijama with cowboy boots. The colors don't really match- it looks thrown together, and not in a flawless way.I hope to see more from you, though, because judging from your tumblr you're very capable of combining clothes better!

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Lucy, MouseCat_(Artist)

Contest Lucy MouseCat_(Artist) (400x569, 112.8KB)

I tried making it as lineless as I could.

MouseCat 5 years ago.

Classy! :D

Cavara 5 years ago.

Nice~

Xu-kitty 5 years ago.

Thanks, you two.

MouseCat 5 years ago.

The colors and shading are beautiful.

Shayren 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51959

Oh man, this was one of the favorites. the style and outfit themselves were stellar. I just love how you picked colors that make no sense and MADE THEM made sense, dammit. I think this really didn't win because it didn't look like anything Lucy would wear in any sense, though it was unusual and beautiful. To be honest, I think Tess or Daisy could rock it better than tsundere Lucy. o3o But it's stil fantastic and I think you'll have a great chance at next month's contest!

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Kureji-Neko_(Artist), Lucy

Contest Kureji-Neko_(Artist) Lucy (645x1049, 154.4KB)

I always thought Lucy was somewhat of a tomboy...or maybe it's just me; I don't do dresses >:I

Kureji-Neko 5 years ago.

well...she isn't wearing a dress =/

killerkobi 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51958

Okay okay, I gotta admit, this was a tough one. I absolutely freaking loved it, but there were just so many great entries! My favorite was the combination of femininity and tomboyish, like although it's not a dress, she's still got earrings and bangles and a ribbon. It's simple but her pants are unique and the colors are perfect. To be honest, I'd really like to draw her in this because it just screams Lucy to me. I would adivse you keep practicing drawing, and perhaps skip the blush marks next time? They were a bit too garish for the tones of the whole picture.

Also, I'm thinking of writing a JessxLucy oneshot, and if I do, she'll probably wear this, with permission of course. :3

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Lucy, Panda_(Artist)

Contest Lucy Panda_(Artist) (550x1000, 176.2KB)

Here's my entry for the contest that is going on on forum right now
    hope ya like it

Panda 5 years ago.

This is super lovely! The shoes, eye-shadow, and ruching are really nice little touches that really pull the outfit together.
    (I want this outfit please and thank you haha)

Carmen 5 years ago.

Glad you liked it and thanks for noticing all that!
    (Haha if you give me one of your outfits you can have this one xp)

Panda 5 years ago.

This is really beautiful. I love the ruffles, and how you made her make-up.
    And you can draw hands. ;-;

Shayren 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51957

This one was really cute! I can tell you must hae spent a loong time doing those ruffles. Although it was cute and I was especially fond of the heels, that dress was just too generic to make it into a design contest. I remember homecoming last year, where there were at least three girls in that type of dress. It's a lovely piece of standalone art, but because the focus was on design, not artistic ability, your design fell just short. Better luck next time! I'm sure you'll have great ideas. :D

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Lucy, Stofu_(Artist)

Contest Lucy Stofu_(Artist) (912x1114, 331.9KB)

UHM well for the contest I can't really see Lucy not being a huge tomboy, so the only dress I can imagine her in is some sort of well sewn denim thing with converse!
    DUNNO yeah sorry it's so messy

Stofu 5 years ago.

Her facial expression cracks me up. xD

I love the outfit though. c:

Shayren 5 years ago.

i don't like it Mad Lucy...i love it! :love:

crazyprinc3ss 5 years ago.

Ahahaha, I love the simplicity and expression, yeesss <3

Oso-De-Clare 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51955

Your entry was interesting, but it just didn't strike me as something Lucy would wear. Not to mention her dress doesn't have clever references or anything. However, you certainly have a knack for choosing fabric textures and such! I'm really hoping you join next time- although you didn't astound us this time, something tells me you abslutely could in the future. #^_^# It's very impressive technically though!

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Lucy, Michi_(Artist)

Contest Lucy Michi_(Artist) (712x688, 121.5KB)

I realize this is just a work in progress but I was worried about how soon the deadline would be considering there was around five submissions so far and the contest holder was considering ending it at 5 contestants. I'm currently shading and adding a background.

michi 5 years ago.

Guessing the picture of Lucy on the side is a reference?

Blue_Sly 5 years ago.

you guessed right

michi 5 years ago.

She is clearly playing Bittersweet Candy Brawlers.

DLancer 5 years ago.

Your WIP destroys my finished product...

Stilbini 5 years ago.

This is gorgeous! I love her dress!

flara 5 years ago.

Absolutely Beautiful

Meowington 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51953

Congratulations on snagging second place! Be sure to claim your prize! Link here, if you forgot, but if you don't have a forum account my email is RCsLongDay@gmail.com and you can give me both requests. I'll forward it to Lisa. ;)

http://www.bittersweetcandybowl.com/forum/topic/2954-rosevilles-next-top-m odel/

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Lucy, visiface_(Artist)

Contest Lucy visiface_(Artist) (640x817, 210.8KB)

This picture. Is just all win.

Shayren 5 years ago.

Amggg I love this one so much. ;_;

RC 5 years ago.

Don't say so Lucy, you're gorgeous!! :D

Cavara 5 years ago.

:P How cute.

MikeHater443 5 years ago.

I REALLY LOVE THE SECOND DESIGN holy ****

Stofu 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51952

Congratulations on snagging first place! Be sure to claim your prize! Link here, if you forgot, but if you don't have a forum account my email is RCsLongDay@gmail.com and you can give me both requests. I'll forward it to Lisa. ;)

http://www.bittersweetcandybowl.com/forum/topic/2954-rosevilles-next-top-mod el/

RC 5 years ago.

Contest, Lace_(Artist), Lucy

Contest Lace_(Artist) Lucy (159x389, 66.7KB)

I heard there was a contest for Lucy in a dress, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Lace 5 years ago.

I like it. I think it's a little short for what Lucy might possibly wear, but it's cute. :D

Yaschiri 5 years ago.

Comment ID #51951

Congratulations on snagging third place! Be sure to claim your prize! Link here, if you forgot, but if you don't have a forum account my email is RCsLongDay@gmail.com and you can give me both requests. I'll forward it to Lisa. ;)

RC 5 years ago.

Shannon_(Artist), Yashy

Shannon_(Artist) Yashy (505x760, 56.6KB)

Comment ID #51949