The archive is made up of 129 chapters and intermissions, collected into six volumes (so far). There are 1,927 pages.
Mike is torn between a long-distance childhood crush and a short-distance childhood admirer — not that she’d ever admit it!
Can a prickly, conflicted loner like Lucy ever get what she wants from Mike? And can they and their friends survive high school with their hearts intact?
1. Simple Pleasures (6 pages, 11/2/09)
It’s a hot summer’s day, so why not step outside?
2. Gaming Rivalry (4 pages, 5/5/06)
A simple video game competition leads to an all-out brawl.
3. Merry Snow Day (4 pages, 5/8/06)
Snowfall in the morning, but is it enough to grant Lucy a day off school?
4. Unfit for Education (4 pages, 5/12/06)
Yashy thinks she’s old enough to go to school, but things aren’t always that easy.
5. The Burden of Parenthood (7 pages, 7/15/11)
The students pair up to care for electronic infants, leading to some shocking results.
6. Prom Preparation (4 pages, 6/3/06)
Daisy is put in charge of the 8th-grade dance night, while Mike takes on the role of ladies’ man.
7. Helping Hands (9 pages, 7/15/11)
When disaster strikes a poor little bird, Paulo and Daisy are eager to help.
8. Show and Tell (4 pages, 6/12/06)
The gang talks about their breeds while certain other misconceptions are thrown out the window.
9. Pep Rally (6 pages, 6/16/06)
Mike’s hypersensitivity to noise and the upcoming pep rally make for a dangerous combination.
Intermission: Catty Remarks (2 pages, 6/20/06)
It’s a catastrophe.
10. Off to the Movies (6 pages, 6/27/06)
A cinematic adventure.
11. Puppy Love (4 pages, 6/30/06)
A secret admirer leaves a note for Mike, amusing Lucy to no end.
12. Confrontation (30 pages, 1/15/10)
Finding themselves lost in an unknown city, the group faces up to some troublesome characters.
- The trip home (p.26)
13. Aftermath (4 pages, 8/1/06)
Despite a lucky escape, mixed messages leave Mike with an awful taste in his mouth.
14. Field Day (12 pages, 8/4/06)
Outdoor games are fun for everybody, right? Well, unless you take them a little too far…
15. Unfulfilled Fantasy (14 pages, 8/6/06)
A letter arrives for Mike — a reminder of his childhood love.
16. Farewell, Middle School (6 pages, 8/9/06)
Middle school finally comes to an end. After saying goodbye to teachers, summer vacation begins.
Intermission: Mike’s Birthday (1 page, 8/10/06)
Surprise parties are overrated.
17. Blurry Memories (8 pages, 8/25/06)
Mike’s pet bird has always seemed a little mysterious.
Intermission: Yashy’s Birthday (1 page, 9/1/06)
She just hopes nobody forgot.
18. Hot Pursuit (14 pages, 9/6/06)
Mike sees a familiar face on TV and embarks on a quest to find her in the city.
19. Enter High School (6 pages, 9/10/06)
As the new year begins, a new classmate arrives.
20. A Difficult Choice (5 pages, 9/12/06)
Plagued with mixed feelings and potential love interests, Mike struggles to make a decision.
21. A New Leaf (4 pages, 9/14/06)
With a refreshed mind and positive outlook, Mike’s strutting around with confidence.
22. Wardrobe Malfunction (4 pages, 9/25/06)
So why doesn’t Mike wear his blue scarf anymore?
Intermission: Daisy’s Birthday (1 page, 9/28/06)
A gift like this wasn’t exactly what Daisy was asking for.
23. Humble Approach (4 pages, 10/7/06)
Daisy loses heart as she realises she’s not going to get the boy she always wanted.
24. Unmerry Melodies (4 pages, 10/11/06)
If BCB was a musical…
25. Left Behind (6 pages, 10/20/06)
Tess asks why Lucy is so abrasive. Fortunately, Mike has enough experience to offer some answers.
26. Misunderstanding and Change (6 pages, 11/3/06)
A truth or dare question reveals that there’s more to Lucy and Paulo’s friendship than meets the eye.
Intermission: Lucy’s Birthday (3 pages, 11/8/06)
It’s difficult to prepare a surprise party for Lucy. Will it actually work this year?
27. Of Little Monsters and Pockets (6 pages, 10/23/06)
What kind of Pokemon are you? How do you do the things you do?
28. Feline Festivities (16 pages, 12/29/06)
Christmas is around the corner, and everyone is invited to Tess’ party. Tension and punch ensue.
29. Mid-term Time (5 pages, 1/12/07)
Exam time is coming, and Tess turns to Daisy for help despite the inherent embarrassment of being tutored by a freshman.
30. Troubled Waters (12 pages, 1/16/07)
This term, Phys. Ed is all about swimming. But why isn’t Lucy involved?
Intermission: Wishful Thinking (1 page, 2/1/07)
Paulo is delighted to get along so well with Lucy. It mightn’t last.
31. Carry On (6 pages, 2/4/07)
Swimming brings Daisy’s lack of self-confidence to the fore, while Mike laments Lucy’s strange phobia.
Intermission: Break Time (2 pages, 2/10/07)
Can you feel the magic?
32. Follow Me (7 pages, 2/18/07)
Daisy is upset that her male friends only seem to care about “hot” girls like Tess. She seeks comfort from a stranger.
33. Onwards to Adventure (7 pages, 2/23/07)
It’s David’s 14th birthday, and the sky’s the limit!
Intermission: Box of Tricks (5 pages, 3/11/07)
Arranged into groups for a school project, Mike and Lucy are weirded out by the antics of an obsessive third wheel.
34. Bonding (5 pages, 3/3/07)
Daisy spends more time with her newfound friend, and he reveals there’s more to Tess than meets the eye.
35. Tread Carefully (1 page, 11/16/09)
Paulo isn’t pleased about having to go to school, but Daisy can think of an entertaining distraction.
Intermission: Hydrothunder Tantrum (2 pages, 5/5/07)
“The VG Cats one”.
36. Under Pressure (10 pages, 3/17/07)
Abbey reaches boiling point, Daisy flirts for attention, and Tess is haunted by her past.
37. Crash and Burn (4 pages, 3/25/07)
Struggling to hide naughty content from her pets, Lucy finds herself at war with her computer.
38. A Different Side (16 pages, 7/4/07)
Another pep rally gives Daisy her chance to shine. But past grudges find the worst times to bubble up to the surface…
Intermission: Birthday Double-Team (2 pages, 5/1/07)
Paulo and Chirpy are celebrating their birthdays together with disastrous results.
39. Rising Temperature (14 pages, 5/27/07)
Abbey reveals his hidden nature. Meanwhile, Daisy invites Mike to a carnival, and all seems to be going as planned…
40. Love My Way (22 pages, 6/27/07)
Tess and Paulo go to prom while Daisy and Mike go to the carnival. Two perfect nights go horribly wrong.
- The carnival (p.11)
41. Moving On (6 pages, 7/7/07)
With freshman year coming to a close, everyone looks back with a sense of relief.
42. Invitation (20 pages, 12/7/07)
Tess asks everyone to join her on an overseas trip. She’ll stop at nothing to get a “yes” from Mike and Lucy.
43. Arrival (30 pages, 6/8/08)
The group arrives at Acapulco and meets an awkward new friend.
- Enter Zachary (p.20)
44. Search and Rescue (28 pages, 10/2/08)
When somebody goes missing, Lucy’s dependency problem is stripped bare.
- The fall (p.10)
45. Intervention (24 pages, 1/10/09)
Something is putting Mike on edge, while David confronts Paulo about his clash with Tess.
- The princess and the queen (p.16)
46. Return (18 pages, 1/25/09)
It’s the final night of the Acapulco trip, and everyone has found a different experience to take away.
47. New Beginnings (13 pages, 3/16/09)
Something has sparked between Daisy and Abbey, and Lucy is curious to know what happened.
Volume Two: Starting Over
What’s a guy to do when he’s surrounded by girls he can’t understand? What’s a girl to do when a long-overdue confession loses her everything?
Story Summary: Starting Over (34 pages, 9/14/12)
Settling into school routine, Jessica and Rachel get to know the cast.
48. Pick Me Up (11 pages, 3/31/09)
Lucy is struggling with her feelings, but Mike is sick of the whole game. Paulo picks up the pieces.
49. In the End (2 pages, 4/1/09)
Lucy wonders if she’ll ever find happiness with another, and seems to have found a solution.
50. Wonderland (6 pages, 11/2/09)
Lucy wakes up in a strange new world.
51. A Distance Apart (14 pages, 11/18/09)
Sophomore year has begun. While some look forward to the new year, Lucy continues to dwell on her predicament.
52. Unrequited (12 pages, 12/21/09)
Some secrets don’t take long to slip loose.
53. Another Shoulder (16 pages, 1/15/10)
As her friendship with Mike crumbles, Lucy becomes desperate for comfort and support.
54. Casting Call (10 pages, 3/22/10)
Sue orchestrates a theatre production… while getting some other details in order.
Intermission: Turning Tides (3 pages, 9/3/12)
Paulo, you’re all washed up.
Intermission: Sensible Precautions (1 page, 6/15/11)
David wonders about the clothing habits of his female classmates.
55. Back and Forth (33 pages, 4/16/10)
Paulo proves to David that he still has what it takes to get any girl he wants.
56. Molly’s Adventure (24 pages, 7/2/10)
Anxious to play saleswoman for a day, Molly’s choice to seize the moment (and a friend) proves both a blessing and a curse.
57. Up to Bat (6 pages, 8/20/12)
Paulo and Jasmine get some practice in before the big game.
58. To The Top (11 pages, 7/7/10)
A burgeoning career, good friends, all the stuff a girl could ever need…
59. Mother’s Day (12 pages, 7/3/18)
The beginning of a beautiful friendship.
60. Mischief Night (17 pages, 9/29/10)
A night of scares and surprises.
It’s time for new relationships to blossom while Lucy faces a harsh winter.
61. Rehearsal (4 pages, 11/15/10)
Sue’s script calls for a little more than Lucy wants to reveal. But there’s always the privacy of your own room, right?
62. Feline Filibuster (18 pages, 11/24/10)
Academic politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
63. Pillow Talk (61 pages, 1/5/11)
Daisy invites the girls over for a sleepover party at her place. Pajama drama!
Intermission: Raw and Uncensored (1 page, 5/27/11)
David surfs the internet for illicit material.
64. Call Waiting (7 pages, 6/17/11)
Mike’s in good spirits for a change. For now.
65. Carry Me (27 pages, 7/4/11)
Paulo is happy with his new girlfriend, but only when she has time for him.
66. On Our Own (6 pages, 9/4/11)
The school day is over, but Augustus is stuck with a problem.
67. Fade Away (6 pages, 9/19/11)
Tess is feeling uneasy about her upcoming graduation. Is it the usual senior chills, or is there something more?
68. December (39 pages, 10/3/11)
Winter’s here, but there’s one more assignment before Christmas vacation.
Mike has reunited with the girl of his dreams, but a dramatic departure is about to become the stuff of Paulo’s nightmares.
Will a booze-fueled night of intimate confessions bring the gang together or tear fragile relationships apart?
70. Piece of Cake (17 pages, 4/23/12)
Paulo takes advantage of a convenient confection to visit Lucy.
71. Just Beautiful (33 pages, 6/1/12)
The biggest night of Mike’s life.
72. Buddy System (1 page, 8/17/12)
Mike comes to understand the value of an unlimited phone plan.
73. Ten Seconds to Midnight (30 pages, 12/3/12)
Another year, another broken heart. Meanwhile, Augustus happens upon a frightening sight.
74. Curtain Call (36 pages, 2/11/13)
Sue’s big production finally takes the stage.
- A new hero (p.19)
75. Breaking Up (28 pages, 5/4/13)
The gang reach out for Lucy, but there isn’t much left to grab.
- The hospital (p.17)
76. Leaving Home (11 pages, 6/25/13)
Seems like everyone has their own way of coping.
77. Study Buddy (20 pages, 7/10/13)
Daisy arranges a study party. It isn’t too long before Mike’s biggest secret starts to slip.
- Violin lessons (p.17)
78. Safe Boundaries (26 pages, 8/8/13)
Abbey and Daisy take their relationship to the next level.
79. Critical Hit (22 pages, 9/12/13)
A gallery trip provides Sue with a few intellectual challenges.
A hopeful prom night ends in disaster, Paulo’s clumsy fix for a friend’s relationship nearly backfires, and Augustus struggles to break a bad habit.
81. Take Heart (33 pages, 1/20/14)
Abbey and Daisy face their first major blow-up, while Paulo becomes wary of a new man for Rachel.
- Paulo’s fundraising idea (p.17)
Intermission: Love Note (1 page, 4/7/14)
Paulo shares a heartfelt message to Mike.
82. Local Area (15 pages, 4/9/14)
Stacy introduces Mike to her hidden passion. It’s a nerd thing.
83. Small Fry (17 pages, 5/14/14)
Paulo lands his first job. Rachel hesitates to start a difficult conversation.
Intermission: Test Drive (1 page, 6/25/14)
Kicked to the curb again.
84. Scenic Route (24 pages, 6/27/14)
As graduation approaches, Tess takes the crew on a hiking trip.
- Skipping rocks (p.13)
85. Total Recall (42 pages, 8/25/14)
Paulo’s second junior prom faces a rude interruption.
Intermission: Textual Harassment (1 page, 8/22/14)
Emoticons run high.
86. Trapped (37 pages, 12/1/14)
Longing for something better, Augustus recalls his twisted upbringing.
87. Boy Toy (32 pages, 2/25/15)
Love can take many forms, Paulo.
Intermission: Casual Outing (2 pages, 6/8/15)
Hot or not?
88. Class of 2008 (12 pages, 5/11/15)
As we go on, we remember…
Paulo wrestles with his worst impulses, Abbey crushes what he’s been holding onto far too tight, and Jasmine cleans up some trash.
Oh, and Sandy's not the only bombshell about to land a direct hit upon Mike’s fragile little social life!
89. Guest of Honor (48 pages, 6/15/15)
Daisy drags Paulo to a comic convention. Abbey would like a word with him.
90. Golden Hour (42 pages, 10/3/15)
Matt invites the group out to his aunt’s beach house. Paulo struggles to find his feelings.
Intermission: Ice Block (2 pages, 1/13/16)
Dave’s a sweet friend.
91. Dial Tone (24 pages, 1/18/16)
The day before Junior year begins, Mike’s nightmares are back to chase him down.
- Safety blanket (p.20)
92. Table for One (20 pages, 3/18/16)
Daisy has an unexpected encounter with Augustus, while Mike’s met with an acute sense of déjà vu.
93. Clean Slate (12 pages, 5/9/16)
This next year of environmental club isn’t quite what Jasmine imagined.
94. Model Girlfriend (46 pages, 7/4/16)
Sandy’s finally here, and Mike’s ecstatic for their first date.
95. Love Again (50 pages, 10/26/16)
Lucy’s back after a long absence, but her new attitude leaves the group uncertain.
Intermission: Test Dummy (2 pages, 2/27/17)
Jordan seeks help from a new mentor.
96. Unspoken Rule (28 pages, 3/3/17)
Daisy patches up her friendship with Paulo, while Mike gets a rejection he wasn’t prepared to hear.
- Dodgeball (p.13)
Intermission: Cut Short (2 pages, 5/15/17)
Mike struggles with Sandy’s continued absence.
…and everything newer:
97. After You (26 pages, 5/10/17)
Lucy visits the carnival with Paulo, but it’s not the kind of date he was expecting.
- Top of the ferris wheel (p.18)
Intermission: Everyday Life (32 pages, 7/17/17)
Every day is extraordinary.
98. Moments Apart (26 pages, 9/2/17)
It’s Daisy’s sweet sixteen, and both of her special someones say hello.
99. PDA (6 pages, 12/4/17)
Madison finally tears into Lucy, but it falls on a deaf ear.
100. High Expectations (30 pages, 12/19/17)
Abbey copes with rejection. Mike bristles at Sandy’s mere mention. Paulo stumbles upon a lunchtime rendezvous.
101. Mutual Assurance (6 pages, 3/2/18)
Mike and Paulo find a way to say sorry.
102. Escape Route (33 pages, 3/16/18)
Lucy reckons with a disturbing fragment of the past.
103. It’s All in the Mind (22 pages, 6/1/18)
Lucy wants life to go back to normal, but there are some people you just can’t escape.
- Hiding in the bushes (p.18)
Intermission: Grave Concern (21 pages, 7/25/18)
Mike faces the consequences.
104. Fair Game (34 pages, 9/17/18)
Madison’s bowling alley birthday party nearly goes awry as Paulo enacts a ludicrous plan to get Matt his dream date.
Intermission: Sugar Substitute (4 pages, 12/10/18)
Everybody ends up talking about Paulo and bathrooms.