The archive is made up of 129 chapters and intermissions, collected into five volumes (so far). There are 1,915 pages.
Mike is torn between a long-distance childhood crush and a short-distance childhood admirer — not that she’d ever admit it!
Can a prickly, conflicted loner like Lucy ever get what she wants from Mike? And can they and their friends survive high school with their hearts intact?
1. Simple Pleasures (6 pages, 11/2/09)
It’s a hot summer’s day, so why not step outside?
2. Gaming Rivalry (4 pages, 5/5/06)
A simple video game competition leads to an all-out brawl.
3. Merry Snow Day (4 pages, 5/8/06)
Snowfall in the morning, but is it enough to grant Lucy a day off school?
4. Unfit for Education (4 pages, 5/12/06)
Yashy thinks she’s old enough to go to school, but things aren’t always that easy.
5. The Burden of Parenthood (7 pages, 7/15/11)
The students pair up to care for electronic infants, leading to some shocking results.
6. Prom Preparation (4 pages, 6/3/06)
Daisy is put in charge of the 8th-grade dance night, while Mike takes on the role of ladies’ man.
7. Helping Hands (9 pages, 7/15/11)
When disaster strikes a poor little bird, Paulo and Daisy are eager to help.
8. Show and Tell (4 pages, 6/12/06)
The gang talks about their breeds while certain other misconceptions are thrown out the window.
9. Pep Rally (6 pages, 6/16/06)
Mike’s hypersensitivity to noise and the upcoming pep rally make for a dangerous combination.
Intermission: Catty Remarks (2 pages, 6/20/06)
It’s a catastrophe.
10. Off to the Movies (6 pages, 6/27/06)
A cinematic adventure.
11. Puppy Love (4 pages, 6/30/06)
A secret admirer leaves a note for Mike, amusing Lucy to no end.
12. Confrontation (30 pages, 1/15/10)
Finding themselves lost in an unknown city, the group faces up to some troublesome characters.
- The trip home (p.26)
13. Aftermath (4 pages, 8/1/06)
Despite a lucky escape, mixed messages leave Mike with an awful taste in his mouth.
14. Field Day (12 pages, 8/4/06)
Outdoor games are fun for everybody, right? Well, unless you take them a little too far…
15. Unfulfilled Fantasy (14 pages, 8/6/06)
A letter arrives for Mike — a reminder of his childhood love.
16. Farewell, Middle School (6 pages, 8/9/06)
Middle school finally comes to an end. After saying goodbye to teachers, summer vacation begins.
Intermission: Mike’s Birthday (1 page, 8/10/06)
Surprise parties are overrated.
17. Blurry Memories (8 pages, 8/25/06)
Mike’s pet bird has always seemed a little mysterious.
Intermission: Yashy’s Birthday (1 page, 9/1/06)
She just hopes nobody forgot.
18. Hot Pursuit (14 pages, 9/6/06)
Mike sees a familiar face on TV and embarks on a quest to find her in the city.
19. Enter High School (6 pages, 9/10/06)
As the new year begins, a new classmate arrives.
20. A Difficult Choice (5 pages, 9/12/06)
Plagued with mixed feelings and potential love interests, Mike struggles to make a decision.
21. A New Leaf (4 pages, 9/14/06)
With a refreshed mind and positive outlook, Mike’s strutting around with confidence.
22. Wardrobe Malfunction (4 pages, 9/25/06)
So why doesn’t Mike wear his blue scarf anymore?
Intermission: Daisy’s Birthday (1 page, 9/28/06)
A gift like this wasn’t exactly what Daisy was asking for.
23. Humble Approach (4 pages, 10/7/06)
Daisy loses heart as she realises she’s not going to get the boy she always wanted.
24. Unmerry Melodies (4 pages, 10/11/06)
If BCB was a musical…
25. Left Behind (6 pages, 10/20/06)
Tess asks why Lucy is so abrasive. Fortunately, Mike has enough experience to offer some answers.
26. Misunderstanding and Change (6 pages, 11/3/06)
A truth or dare question reveals that there’s more to Lucy and Paulo’s friendship than meets the eye.
Intermission: Lucy’s Birthday (3 pages, 11/8/06)
It’s difficult to prepare a surprise party for Lucy. Will it actually work this year?
27. Of Little Monsters and Pockets (6 pages, 10/23/06)
What kind of Pokemon are you? How do you do the things you do?
28. Feline Festivities (16 pages, 12/29/06)
Christmas is around the corner, and everyone is invited to Tess’ party. Tension and punch ensue.
29. Mid-term Time (5 pages, 1/12/07)
Exam time is coming, and Tess turns to Daisy for help despite the inherent embarrassment of being tutored by a freshman.
30. Troubled Waters (12 pages, 1/16/07)
This term, Phys. Ed is all about swimming. But why isn’t Lucy involved?
Intermission: Wishful Thinking (1 page, 2/1/07)
Paulo is delighted to get along so well with Lucy. It mightn’t last.
31. Carry On (6 pages, 2/4/07)
Swimming brings Daisy’s lack of self-confidence to the fore, while Mike laments Lucy’s strange phobia.
Intermission: Break Time (2 pages, 2/10/07)
Can you feel the magic?
32. Follow Me (7 pages, 2/18/07)
Daisy is upset that her male friends only seem to care about “hot” girls like Tess. She seeks comfort from a stranger.
33. Onwards to Adventure (7 pages, 2/23/07)
It’s David’s 14th birthday, and the sky’s the limit!
Intermission: Box of Tricks (5 pages, 3/11/07)
Arranged into groups for a school project, Mike and Lucy are weirded out by the antics of an obsessive third wheel.
34. Bonding (5 pages, 3/3/07)
Daisy spends more time with her newfound friend, and he reveals there’s more to Tess than meets the eye.
35. Tread Carefully (1 page, 11/16/09)
Paulo isn’t pleased about having to go to school, but Daisy can think of an entertaining distraction.
Intermission: Hydrothunder Tantrum (2 pages, 5/5/07)
“The VG Cats one”.
36. Under Pressure (10 pages, 3/17/07)
Abbey reaches boiling point, Daisy flirts for attention, and Tess is haunted by her past.
37. Crash and Burn (4 pages, 3/25/07)
Struggling to hide naughty content from her pets, Lucy finds herself at war with her computer.
Intermission: Out of the Frame (6 pages, 5/14/07)
Upset by her apparent marginalisation, Sue protests with a group of neglected classmates.
38. A Different Side (16 pages, 7/4/07)
Another pep rally gives Daisy her chance to shine. But past grudges find the worst times to bubble up to the surface…
Intermission: Birthday Double-Team (2 pages, 5/1/07)
Paulo and Chirpy are celebrating their birthdays together with disastrous results.
39. Rising Temperature (14 pages, 5/27/07)
Abbey reveals his hidden nature. Meanwhile, Daisy invites Mike to a carnival, and all seems to be going as planned…
40. Love My Way (22 pages, 6/27/07)
Tess and Paulo go to prom while Daisy and Mike go to the carnival. Two perfect nights go horribly wrong.
- The carnival (p.11)
41. Moving On (6 pages, 7/7/07)
With freshman year coming to a close, everyone looks back with a sense of relief.
42. Invitation (20 pages, 12/7/07)
Tess asks everyone to join her on an overseas trip. She’ll stop at nothing to get a “yes” from Mike and Lucy.
43. Arrival (30 pages, 6/8/08)
The group arrives at Acapulco and meets an awkward new friend.
- Enter Zachary (p.20)
44. Search and Rescue (28 pages, 10/2/08)
When somebody goes missing, Lucy’s dependency problem is stripped bare.
- The fall (p.10)
45. Intervention (24 pages, 1/10/09)
Something is putting Mike on edge, while David confronts Paulo about his clash with Tess.
- The princess and the queen (p.16)
46. Return (18 pages, 1/25/09)
It’s the final night of the Acapulco trip, and everyone has found a different experience to take away.
47. New Beginnings (13 pages, 3/16/09)
Something has sparked between Daisy and Abbey, and Lucy is curious to know what happened.
Volume Two: Starting Over
What’s a guy to do when he’s surrounded by girls he can’t understand? What’s a girl to do when a long-overdue confession loses her everything?
Story Summary: Starting Over (34 pages, 9/14/12)
Settling into school routine, Jessica and Rachel get to know the cast.
48. Pick Me Up (11 pages, 3/31/09)
Lucy is struggling with her feelings, but Mike is sick of the whole game. Paulo picks up the pieces.
49. In the End (2 pages, 4/1/09)
Lucy wonders if she’ll ever find happiness with another, and seems to have found a solution.
50. Wonderland (6 pages, 11/2/09)
Lucy wakes up in a strange new world.
51. A Distance Apart (14 pages, 11/18/09)
Sophomore year has begun. While some look forward to the new year, Lucy continues to dwell on her predicament.
52. Unrequited (12 pages, 12/21/09)
Some secrets don’t take long to slip loose.
53. Another Shoulder (16 pages, 1/15/10)
As her friendship with Mike crumbles, Lucy becomes desperate for comfort and support.
54. Casting Call (10 pages, 3/22/10)
Sue orchestrates a theatre production… while getting some other details in order.
Intermission: Turning Tides (3 pages, 9/3/12)
Paulo, you’re all washed up.
Intermission: Sensible Precautions (1 page, 6/15/11)
David wonders about the clothing habits of his female classmates.
55. Back and Forth (33 pages, 4/16/10)
Paulo proves to David that he still has what it takes to get any girl he wants.
56. Molly’s Adventure (24 pages, 7/2/10)
Anxious to play saleswoman for a day, Molly’s choice to seize the moment (and a friend) proves both a blessing and a curse.
57. Up to Bat (6 pages, 8/20/12)
Paulo and Jasmine get some practice in before the big game.
58. To The Top (11 pages, 7/7/10)
A burgeoning career, good friends, all the stuff a girl could ever need…
59. Mother’s Day (12 pages, 7/3/18)
The beginning of a beautiful friendship.
60. Mischief Night (17 pages, 9/29/10)
A night of scares and surprises.
It’s time for new relationships to blossom while Lucy faces a harsh winter.
61. Rehearsal (4 pages, 11/15/10)
Sue’s script calls for a little more than Lucy wants to reveal. But there’s always the privacy of your own room, right?
62. Feline Filibuster (18 pages, 11/24/10)
Academic politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
63. Pillow Talk (61 pages, 1/5/11)
Daisy invites the girls over for a sleepover party at her place. Pajama drama!
Intermission: Raw and Uncensored (1 page, 5/27/11)
David surfs the internet for illicit material.
64. Call Waiting (7 pages, 6/17/11)
Mike’s in good spirits for a change. For now.
65. Carry Me (27 pages, 7/4/11)
Paulo is happy with his new girlfriend, but only when she has time for him.
66. On Our Own (6 pages, 9/4/11)
The school day is over, but Augustus is stuck with a problem.
67. Fade Away (6 pages, 9/19/11)
Tess is feeling uneasy about her upcoming graduation. Is it the usual senior chills, or is there something more?
68. December (39 pages, 10/3/11)
Winter’s here, but there’s one more assignment before Christmas vacation.
Mike has reunited with the girl of his dreams, but a dramatic departure is about to become the stuff of Paulo’s nightmares.
Will a booze-fueled night of intimate confessions bring the gang together or tear fragile relationships apart?
70. Piece of Cake (17 pages, 4/23/12)
Paulo takes advantage of a convenient confection to visit Lucy.
71. Just Beautiful (33 pages, 6/1/12)
The biggest night of Mike’s life.
72. Buddy System (1 page, 8/17/12)
Mike comes to understand the value of an unlimited phone plan.
73. Ten Seconds to Midnight (30 pages, 12/3/12)
Another year, another broken heart. Meanwhile, Augustus happens upon a frightening sight.
74. Curtain Call (36 pages, 2/11/13)
Sue’s big production finally takes the stage.
- A new hero (p.19)
75. Breaking Up (28 pages, 5/4/13)
The gang reach out for Lucy, but there isn’t much left to grab.
- The hospital (p.17)
76. Leaving Home (11 pages, 6/25/13)
Seems like everyone has their own way of coping.
77. Study Buddy (20 pages, 7/10/13)
Daisy arranges a study party. It isn’t too long before Mike’s biggest secret starts to slip.
- Violin lessons (p.17)
78. Safe Boundaries (26 pages, 8/8/13)
Abbey and Daisy take their relationship to the next level.
79. Critical Hit (22 pages, 9/12/13)
A gallery trip provides Sue with a few intellectual challenges.
A hopeful prom night ends in disaster, Paulo’s clumsy fix for a friend’s relationship nearly backfires, and Augustus struggles to break a bad habit.
81. Take Heart (33 pages, 1/20/14)
Abbey and Daisy face their first major blow-up, while Paulo becomes wary of a new man for Rachel.
- Paulo’s fundraising idea (p.17)
Intermission: Love Note (1 page, 4/7/14)
Paulo shares a heartfelt message to Mike.
82. Local Area (15 pages, 4/9/14)
Stacy introduces Mike to her hidden passion. It’s a nerd thing.
83. Small Fry (17 pages, 5/14/14)
Paulo lands his first job. Rachel hesitates to start a difficult conversation.
Intermission: Test Drive (1 page, 6/25/14)
Kicked to the curb again.
84. Scenic Route (24 pages, 6/27/14)
As graduation approaches, Tess takes the crew on a hiking trip.
- Skipping rocks (p.13)
85. Total Recall (42 pages, 8/25/14)
Paulo’s second junior prom faces a rude interruption.
Intermission: Textual Harassment (1 page, 8/22/14)
Emoticons run high.
86. Trapped (37 pages, 12/1/14)
Longing for something better, Augustus recalls his twisted upbringing.
87. Boy Toy (32 pages, 2/25/15)
Love can take many forms, Paulo.
Intermission: Casual Outing (2 pages, 6/8/15)
Hot or not?
88. Class of 2008 (12 pages, 5/11/15)
As we go on, we remember…
…and everything newer:
89. Guest of Honor (48 pages, 6/15/15)
Daisy drags Paulo to a comic convention. Abbey would like a word with him.
90. Golden Hour (42 pages, 10/3/15)
Matt invites the group out to his aunt’s beach house. Paulo struggles to find his feelings.
Intermission: Ice Block (2 pages, 1/13/16)
Dave’s a sweet friend.
91. Dial Tone (24 pages, 1/18/16)
The day before Junior year begins, Mike’s nightmares are back to chase him down.
- Safety blanket (p.20)
92. Table for One (20 pages, 3/18/16)
Daisy has an unexpected encounter with Augustus, while Mike’s met with an acute sense of déjà vu.
93. Clean Slate (12 pages, 5/9/16)
This next year of environmental club isn’t quite what Jasmine imagined.
94. Model Girlfriend (46 pages, 7/4/16)
Sandy’s finally here, and Mike’s ecstatic for their first date.
95. Love Again (50 pages, 10/26/16)
Lucy’s back after a long absence, but her new attitude leaves the group uncertain.
Intermission: Test Dummy (2 pages, 2/27/17)
Jordan seeks help from a new mentor.
96. Unspoken Rule (28 pages, 3/3/17)
Daisy patches up her friendship with Paulo, while Mike gets a rejection he wasn’t prepared to hear.
- Dodgeball (p.13)
Intermission: Cut Short (2 pages, 5/15/17)
Mike struggles with Sandy’s continued absence.
97. After You (26 pages, 5/10/17)
Lucy visits the carnival with Paulo, but it’s not the kind of date he was expecting.
Intermission: Everyday Life (32 pages, 7/17/17)
Every day is extraordinary.
98. Moments Apart (26 pages, 9/2/17)
It’s Daisy’s sweet sixteen. Who will drop by?
99. PDA (6 pages, 12/4/17)
Madison’s got a little something to say.
100. High Expectations (30 pages, 12/19/17)
Abbey copes with rejection. Mike bristles at Sandy’s mere mention. Paulo stumbles upon a lunchtime rendezvous.
101. Mutual Assurance (6 pages, 3/2/18)
Mike and Paulo find a way to say sorry.
102. Escape Route (33 pages, 3/16/18)
Lucy reckons with a fragment of the past.
103. It’s All in the Mind (22 pages, 6/1/18)
A word from the wise.
Intermission: Grave Concern (21 pages, 7/25/18)
Mike faces the consequences.
104. Fair Game (34 pages, 9/17/18)
It’s Madison’s birthday, and there are no weirdoes.
Intermission: Sugar Substitute (4 pages, 1 posted, 12/10/18)
Everybody ends up talking about Paulo and bathrooms.